Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hay Belly and Contracted Tendons On Yearling

Hi Dr. Getty,

It as been a while so I decided to give you an update. My filly is doing so well now that she has been getting alfalfa hay. Everyting has seemed to self correct including her pigeon toes, physitis, her head is becoming normal shaped again, her bowed legs on her front legs are almost normal again, and no more contracted tendons. Yeah. I wanted to thank you so much for all your help in getting her diet corrected. Thank you for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Re: Hay Belly and Contracted Tendons On Yearling

Hi Brittany,

Wonderful! I am beyond delighted to hear such great news!

Thank you for doing what is best for her. Keep up the very fine work.

All the best,

Dr. Getty
Author of Feed Your Horse Like A Horse

Brittany
Hi Dr. Getty,

It as been a while so I decided to give you an update. My filly is doing so well now that she has been getting alfalfa hay. Everyting has seemed to self correct including her pigeon toes, physitis, her head is becoming normal shaped again, her bowed legs on her front legs are almost normal again, and no more contracted tendons. Yeah. I wanted to thank you so much for all your help in getting her diet corrected. Thank you for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Where are you from? Waverly, Ohio