Return to Website

ENTER FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Great Site

Hello,

I just came across your site the other day and LOVE it! I'm from New Jersey originally but never got to go to Pleasantville/AC Speedway. I know my Uncle Frank Donato ran there a few times, and I see that you list Chubby Hower as a '50s-Flathead competitor. I've made contact with Chubby several years ago (he lives down here in Florida in Ponce Inlet; I'm in St. Pete) and I've been trying find any pictures I can of either one. My Uncle passed a way a few years ago and I have only a few pictures of him racing. I never got to see him race either as he stopped just about the time I started going to the races. I have gotten a few of Chubby but I'd always like more.

I know my Uncle ran the #22 in later years, and Chubby drove a number of cars so I can't really say what to look for. I also know that, unfortunately, they didn't always write the driver's name over the door. (My Uncle couldn't have afforded the extra "expense"!) Ant help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. And if I can get any info/pictures from Chubby I'll pass them along.

All My Best,

Steve