Return to Website

ENTER FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RICK BOURGUIGNON,LAST CHAMP AT P'VILLE, KILLED IN CAR CRASH

EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP — A Port Republic man died Wednesday afternoon following a four-vehicle accident on West Jersey Avenue in Cardiff, township police said.

Richard Bourguignon, 57, was driving a pickup truck on West Jersey when he collided with an SUV driven by Igor Ilijoski, 36, of Brigantine, who had disregarded a stop sign while driving south on Fernwood Avenue, police said. Ilijoski’s vehicle also collided with an SUV driven by Helga Horn, of Mays Landing.

Bourguignon’s pickup came to rest in the yard of a corner property. He was treated at the scene for serious injuries and transported to the Regional Trauma Unit at Atlantic Care Regional Medical Center in Atlantic City, where he died.
6/27/2012

Re: RICK BOURGUIGNON,LAST CHAMP AT P'VILLE, KILLED IN CAR CRASH

Everyone in the south Jersey racing area and the staff at Limited Sportsman Racers,extend our sympathies to the Bourguignon family in the recent loss of Rick Bourguignon who was killed in a horrible traffic accident in Egg Harbor Twp.on Thursday.Rick was the last point champion at Pleasantville/AC Speedway in 1979.
R.I.P. Rick

I just talked to Matty Ricco this morning,as many may know,Rick and Matty had joined together and built a new modified which they were running at a few tracks. Matty said the car was definitely a potential winning car and it was only a matter of a few more races before the car would've been in the winner's circle...Hang in there Matty,we're sorry for the loss of your good friend.

Sorry to read of the passing of Rick in this morning's AC Press. I remember Rick and his orange #56 Pinto (if memory serves me)at P'ville.
May God bless his family and friends. Hang in there Matty !!

We were shocked when we read of Rick's passing. He was a dedicated racer who did a great job winning the 1979 P'ville championship. RIP Rick, our prayers are with you and your fine family. Sincerely, friends Tony & Margi Siscone