Return to Website

ENTER FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WILL SHORT TRACK RACING SURVIVE OR LEAVE US?

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

Re: WILL SHORT TRACK RACING SURVIVE OR LEAVE US? TERRY

Well said Terry, but if you make that into a flower pot, I'd have to smack you upside the head. You also forgot to mention that if you blew a tire, came in the pits and found that you didn't have a spare, you could go to one of the guys you were friendly with and borrow it from him for the night.Not anymore, they now have the tire scanning issue that complicates that scenario. You can't buy used tires from another racer like we used to do, which helped offset the cost of racing for many of us.
A source told me that Bridgeport and EWS run the same brand name tire, yet you cannot run a BP tire at EWS and vice-verse...makes no sense to me. So if you wanted to run both tracks, you'd have to buy two sets of tires and God forbid if you accidentally put the EWS set on the car you were going to race at BPort.
Plus you can't buy the tire from a dealer which would allow you to pay $20 less for the tire than otherwise buying it from the track supplier. Again, this was told to me by someone who is still in racing so feel free to comment if that info is wrong.