Sacha Runa Intensive Shamanic Training : Community Forum

Blessings from the heart of the work. Sacha Runa presents this intimate forum for those who have or are considering participating in the month-long Intensive Shamanic Training. Feel free to leave contact information, speak your truth, and open to the fullest potential of this growing Shamanic community. Namaste.

Sacha Runa Intensive Shamanic Training : Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Intensive....is Intensive! (and beautiful too)

Hmmmm. I'm not sure how to find words to describe the month long intensive with Miguel and the plant medicines. I know I won't do it justice. Perhaps I should just say: "Do it!" and leave it at that.

I had the most beautiful experience of my life. I loved every second of every day and night.

I didn't really know what I was going there to do. One Sunday I was in the US plodding along having just come out of Native American Church, and got an email from Miguel that afternoon inviting me to go over there for the course...I had 8 days to make it happen, and the following morning I booked my ticket, which two of my friends very generously paid for. Thank you! I borrowed some money from the bank and a ruck sack, had some jabs, and was in Bolivia by the following Monday to acclimatise, with husband and son bemused at having to care for themselves for the next 5 weeks!

I have wanted to do this with Miguel since '98, but was always afraid of the medicine. I am crazy enough without it, plus I misunderstood a friend back then, who told me that you "die" to the medicine. I guess perhaps he meant the old negative patterns you hold "die" to the medicine, but I thought he meant I could die, and my son was young, and I didn't want to die yet! OK....so I'm OK about death now, but back then I wasn't. The strange thing is, in 10 years, Miguel has never said: "Come now!" The timing was perfect.

We spent two weeks at Allkamari in the mountains, and two weeks at Wizard Mountain in the Amazon. Both places were stunning. The staff were beautiful, the food 5* -- if anyone cares! It was important, because we ate like horses at high altitude, and it was delicious, and the compassion and service of the staff was important too. They just held everything together. As a bonus, I lost 20lbs and weighed in Rurre at 58 kilos....but all we did was eat, sleep, sh** and just "be".

I loved the people who were there with me on the course, we all got on well and had fun together, and everyone just looked out for everyone else. We all worked well together.

Miguel was beautiful. So was Tim. Thank you both! I loved ceremony with Miguel and could spend my life sitting in the Kiva or Temple with him. I felt totally safe, and he knows what he is doing. I liked the independence too, he doesn't spoon feed you anything, or try to impose his views or beliefs onto your experience.

We went for a hike one time above the canopy, and they were always ahead of me and out of sight. About once an hour I would freak out when I got into the "I'm alone and could be eaten any minute by a jaguar/camen" mode, and then I'd have a tantrum alone in the jungle which even I found funny, and I would scream out Miguel's name and his voice would waft back on the wind all calm and quiet, against my rage and indignation and that alone would teach me that tantrums and fear wouldn't get me through the next 5 hours, let alone life! One time I had to walk over a ridge, a foot wide between two mountains, like a trapeze artist, with no land either side for hundreds of feet, and my fear of heights made me yell "Miguel! I'm not a frigging cat! Come back here and help me!" and his voice, calm, simply said: "Maybe you should become one!" I knew then, that there was no room in my life to be afraid, and I truly had to just trust in The Spirit. I think that moment, plus climbing a 20,000 foot mountain, did more for me on a physical, tangible level, than any of the ceremonies. Yet, I know the ceremonies, which we did every other night, did more for me than I might even realize in this life time.

When we came down that mountain and reached the bottom on the final day for me, I said: "Miguel...if I told you I am happy for the first time in my life....will that tell you what this month did for me?" -- truly, that was the feeling of the 30 day intensive for me, summed up in one sentence. Miguel was happy, he said that inner peace is a beautiful thing to discover, and he is right! It is!

I know I have changed. My friends and Teacher here are thrilled for me. Even if I can't put words to it, they can "see" it. I can feel it. I know it.

Hmmmmm. See. There are no words. Only by having your own experience will you understand. All I can tell you is "do it!" You won't regret it. Go get a bank loan like me, and don't wait 10 years like me! LOL. Even though I went at the perfect time for me anyway.

Peace, warmth, Tao
Anne