General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Dad Charles 'Chic' Ferrier

Hi there I am trying to locate people who knew my father Charles Ferrier who was a chief weapons technician in the Raf. He died in 1984 and at the time we were based at Coningsby. He was widely known as 'CHIC'.

Looking at the Phantomeers site at all the pictures and logos and the places involved i think he was part of this.

I was 5 when he died so I hope you can understand why i am trying to contact people that can help me understand who he was and maybe even what happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Marc Ferrier

Re: My Dad Charles 'Chic' Ferrier

Oh and ive got some photos that ill send if you like. They are of my dad and his squadron like the ones you have on here already. Some with Margret Thatcher in. I think they were taken in the Falklands.

He belonged to 228 OCU at coningsby for 6 years if that helps

Hi Marc,
I am Steve Hanson, I worked with Chic on 228 OCU in 1981, he was a Sgt "Plummer" then. I also was in the same office at PAEDIT Wattisham, in 1984 or 85 for a very short period. I have received an email from my good friend Kipper Watt, reference Chic, I will email you direct.
Best wishes Marc
Steve Hanson

Hi Marc, I was in the Falklands with your dad and we both met Margaret Thatcher on the Flight Line at "Phandet" as it was called before it became 23 Sqn. That was early in '83. We had both travelled on the old North Sea Ferry, Norland, from Ascencion Island to the Falkland Islands arriving on New Year's Eve. Your dad was a fine man and a bloody
good "Plummer". If you have any photos of that time I would like to see them and maybe put some names to faces for you.
Regards.
Pat Johnson

worked with your dad for a few years on the OCU,lovely guy! remember you being born I think,beer all round in the rects crewroom.

Just thought it would be nice to let you know that since these last posts we have a baby boy on the way and he will be called Charles in honour of my dad! :)

Due around october time.

I was on 228 From 1979 to 1986, was a sootie but worked alongside Chic for some years, he was a good bloke and enjoyed a good crack with the lads, looked after his lads well and didn't like them to be messed about. There were lots who could have taken your dads place and would not have been missed as he was, but that is always the way. you may contact me to talk my email is jgorrell@hotmail.co.uk