General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reunion 2011

Just thought I'd start a thread so that people can put down their thoughts on what they would like at a reunion. Can't say that an organiser could get it all fitted in to a weekend but what do you think? Jot it down here......

Re: Reunion 2011

Given a chance of a few beers and catching up with old mates, I'll be there whatever the venue or type of reunion.

Count me and Anne in for Reunion 2011 The Replay! Will put the message about with the ex 29 people still or again at Coningsby!!

Please count me in, wherever, whenever and whatever. Pat J

As long as there will be nothing stronger than shandy being served I would be interested - or I may have a couple of pints to be sociable

Count me in, wherever it is.

I'll be there!!!

Hope i will be at the reunion depends on date

In reply to the question "What do we need at a reunion"? a bar is the obvious starting point and preferably one that stays open a bit longer than the one at Lytham St Annes. Food would be nice but not absolutely essential and maybe a bit of background entertainment similar to last time to keep the wives/girlfriends entertained when they get bored with our endless reminisces and war stories. Whatever the format though, Sue and I will be looking forward to attending.

count me in please

I will see if PC plod is going then we might come together with wives of course....What was that old saying ??Be there or be square......... Good here in'it

Will definately be there.... save me a ticket!!

Wendy and I will be there just to catch up with long lost buddies...

We will be there if reunion is in March - can't make Feb unfortunately

Hope it's half as good as 2008 at Lytham. We will be there, thanks for who ever is organizing it.

Steve Hanson

Maria & I will be there, keeping the 29 Sqn reputation down!

Will be there...JK

Yup I'm going. I'll have one of them rooms with the guaranteed late night bar in the Hilton as long as John Rowe has gone to bed!!

Just a reminder for the reunion in March. Guys if you know of ex-phantom guys out there get them interested and support Roger Canfield who is co-ordinating the reunion. see you there SOC

hope to make reunion had a really good time at last one

I shall be in attendance to ensure that the fine reputation for decorum and moderate alcohol consumption enjoyed by XXX men is buggered. (Catherine is coming to keep me in check). Hobbs.

Mick Kelly
I shall be in attendance to ensure that the fine reputation for decorum and moderate alcohol consumption enjoyed by XXX men is buggered. (Catherine is coming to keep me in check). Hobbs.

Think we managed that Mick. Didn't get to bed until 0440 hrs. Maria was not impressed!!

The beer (what was available!) has been consumed, as was some wine and other concoctions! The 2011 Reunion(in my humble opinion) was a resounding success and bring on the next one.
I particularly wish to thank Roger for his sticking with it in organising the event, he deserves a medal and additional credit as his family circumstances had a turn for the worse shortly before, lets hope all is well on that score and also that the hangovers were not severe after a great event! My head is still spinning from the laughter, thanks to one and all attendees!

Jim KERR
Will be there...JK

To one and all, its official and true, it took 27 years to learn, JIM KERR has bought a round!
Good on you Jim, it can be painful at times but you can GET USED TO IT!