General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sqn Photos

Looking through the Sqn photos section in the Gallery prompted me to mention the story behind the one with 29(F) lined up in 'XXX' formation in Stanley. The one shown is not the original, it is a re-take a day after the first. This was necessary because just as the Seaking with the photographer on board was coming into position, the two end 'X's, that Wg Cdr MacFadyen had painstakingly ensured were in good shape, quickly turned into'O's. When developed,the picture showed us lined up as 'OXO' not 'XXX'. The Fadge was livid when he saw it and he had to have the whole thing set up again a day later. Apparently he kept a sharp eye on the formation until the very last second. Unfortunately (or luckily)I was tucked up on the Rangatraz sleeping of a night's 'Q', so avoiding the hassle.

Re: Sqn Photos

The photo submitted by Mick Fowen of 29 Sqn Jengo's full moon is a ripper. The bloke on the right is almost certainly the armourer "Spik" Fowler because its my skinny backside next to his.
All others can own up to theirs if they can recognise it or remember the event.

One of them is me Bri. Don't know which one but I remember doing it.

One of them is me too! Mick is the one about to get the pitot probe up the jacksie and I am next to him.
PS Flt Sgt Spik Fowler now!!!!

I don't know whether I am going insane (again) but there is a pic (in Galleries) labelled 23 at Stanley 1986. 2 things, 1) I thought that all of you down there were dossing at MPA by then, cos I was on the first Tri Star out of MPA in April 1985 when the Sqdn was still at Stanley. 2) I am convinced I am in that photo! which would have been difficult 'cos I was demobbed by then! Can anyone help with this or is it some random fluctuation of the space-time continuum?