General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Guess Who feeding the SUU?

It is a WRAF as she is wearing girly shoes (although I suppose it could be MCS as well!!) but my guess is Bev Jewitt, ex 29 Sqn clerk and all round great gal!

Just to keep you on your toes - you are all wrong so far!!!

If you were drunk; you could almost imagine it was a tall Kate Skillen. However heard from John that Kate never did any WORK till after she left the RAF!!

George, its a Mk2 so it couldnae be Kate, and her denims are too dirty for Ms Skillen anyway, unless she was working on her bike.

OK I give in... how do we know its a MK2....?... Dont suppose you know the Sqn! Cheers

Not me - you're right about the denims - far too mucky to be mine! It took me over 20 years to wear them out.

Kate
Not me - you're right about the denims - far too mucky to be mine! It took me over 20 years to wear them out.

You can't wear a pair of denims out; they just mature with age!!

Hey Frank... Mature denims? A bit like your KD shorts in Cyprus, I think they missed the VC10 home and walked back to Coningsby on their own!

Girlie denims never mature - same as the bod that wears them!

OK Danny, I want to know how it's a MK11, what the tail No is and how much fuel is in it? You are a sad man and always did have more Tail Numbers in your MCS book than me!! If by any chance you can answer all of those I might buy you a 1/2 pint at the bash!!

Its not an arourer as the never wound the rounds themselves. Is it Pam from Coningsby LOX bay? Cant recall her surname

Oi, Mannion!

What's with the 'girly shoes' and MCS? Any more of that and I'll pout at you at the reunion over my creme de menthe!

Dave F

George, its a Mk2 'cos the Mk1s had two sodding great hooks on the underside for the catapult launch strop. It would be visible between the bottom of the splitter plate and the front of the rear missile well. I remember it well 'cos I've still got the scar where I nutted one when I slipped on some spilt fuel on a starter crew.

Not sure but maybe a young girl we "borrowed" from tech records to play Stats Clerk on 29(F) in '85 I think.

The name Kate Frost rings a bell, always happy and good fun.
(Had to be happy on H.M. Holidays)

It's not Kate, Brian (and funnily enough I'm still in contact with here - she's married and lives in Tayport, Fife) and suffice to say, there is a catch to the answer!

All will be revealed on Saturday - See you there if you're going!

To all those guys that weren't at the Reunion - it was Anita Turner, Barry's better half on her hols in Cyprus!