yep me too.............

Re: 2018 Beer Call - Harrogate

As I'm in the area it will be a me + 1

ok

I'll be there.

That's The Old Swan Hotel booked for the 7th and 8th Sep in Harrogate - can't wait to see as many people as possible!

Hi Den, is there a list as to who's goin and is it definitely on?

Definitely up for that!

Definitely up for the beer call or whatever other kind of form the reunion takes

Bloody hell! You lot still alive?
I had better come and help you all cross the road then!
πŸ‘΄πŸ»πŸ‘΄πŸ»πŸΊπŸΊπŸΊ

I’m up for it subject to work. Bring on retirement

Gary. Keep me in the loop if you go. I will try as hard as poss to make it

It's now going to be in Leeds instead - International Beer Festival is on the same weekend!

New thread in the Forum for you all to repost your intentions!

What a **** up, fist it was Harrogate, now Leeds, where's it gonna be changed to next month? **** up and brewery comes to mind.

I'm not going to cancel the accommodation that I booked, at the moment, just incase we end up back in Harrogate...

Come on Den, stop changing your mind....
I'm not going to make any more accommodation bookings 'til the destination is definately confirmed....:face_with_rolling_eyes:

Kate
Come on Den, stop changing your mind....
I\'m not going to make any more accommodation bookings \'til the destination is definately confirmed....:face_with_rolling_eyes:
Well said Kate..

Rog Canfield (organiser) says it's definitely Leeds guys, 7/8th Sep 2018 (my Leeds hotel is booked and my Harrogate one is cancelled!). The venue will be announced within a couple of weeks and I'll send an email out to confirm.

Re: 2018 Beer Call - Harrogate/Leeds

Hey! All you beer-moaners! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Please let me explain the situation and perhaps you can lend a bit of understanding!

I was more than happy to arrange yet another Reunion in 2018 to celebrate RAF 100 (Centenary year) and bags of notice was given to get Phantomeers interested. However, as the months passed by, the returns from people interested in attending were so low that it became evident it was going to be a poor turnout. So the event was abandoned.

In November last year I attended an unofficial 43Sqn reunion in a pub in St Andrews, and it was ‘brill’. Feedback from some Phantomeers suggested they did not want another reunion based on the same format as the last two events in Warwick and Stratford upon Avon. They did not want a 3-course meal, or a group/music, or a dress code, or any bells & whistles.
People just wanted to have a good blather, pull up the sandbags and swing the lamps!

So it was decided to hold a beer call instead. I travelled to Harrogate for a weekend to look at suitable venues (at some cost to myself) at the beginning of this year and found only one suitable venue which I thought would work.. I booked the dates for 7/8th Sep. And asked for suitable buffet menus to be forwarded to me. After several weeks, nothing had arrived and I emailed the events coordinator at the hotel and also followed up with a phone call for these menus. I was promised they would be sent out immediately. They never ever arrived
So that did not bode well for using the venue.

So I turned my attention to Leeds where there is much more choice! So I’m visiting Leeds on 2nd May to sus out three venues (again at some cost to me) and will make a decision on the day - after speaking to the Management of those venues already - as to which venue the beer call will be held.

There will definitely be a beer call in Leeds on the date/s mentioned, no dress code, Ladies welcomed. And I will be there - even if I’m on my ownπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ₯ƒπŸ»πŸΊπŸΉπŸ·

It would be great to see as many Phantomeers and Ladies there on that weekend and if there is enough support, I will organise a buffet beforehand. But there would be a small cost involved.

Hope that clarifies the situation for everyone. I’m booking my hotel this weekend.

Best wishes to one and all.

Roger Dodger. πŸΊπŸΉπŸ·πŸ˜‹

Good stuff Roger, good effort mate.

Thanks Colin. Glad someone appreciates the effort going in. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

For those not too familiar with Leeds.. the beer fest is at the Town Hall, a large imposing building on The Headrow. But personally I won't pay about a tenner to go in and buy beer but would prefer to sit in a pub and chat to Phantomeers.. The centre of Leeds Has a good selection of pubs and bars and one of Rogers choices is a good pub behind the Leeds infirmary. Nearby is a good selection of hotels from the budget Ibis and Travelodge to the Queens Hotel which is attached to the railway station. I look forwards to the event and have foregone a Khamis Mushayt reunion for this event.

I'M COMING ..... all the way from Rotherham ...

Hope to be there + 1, I only normally plan a week ahead!

Kate Are you, John, Frank, and Chris definitely going now?

Hi John, yes we've all rearrange our accommodate and we'll be at Leeds to see you again and have a good chat on the Fri & Sat, looking forward to seeing you again. We changed the accommodation in Harrogate to the Mon & Tue as John spent a few weekends there while he was working on the Gore cable on Tonkas, so knows a few excellent pubs there,so who am I to argue with an expert. Myself & John have just been to the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton and the Air Tatoo at Fairford this week, both brilliant. See you in Leeds John.

Is there a list of who's going, I can't actually remember if I filled the little attendance form in!

Hi Chris - Yes you did put your name down!

Whereas I have a few emails from various people, I can't say for definite who is going to be in Leeds, other than myself and Rog Canfield. I know some have had to drop out due to medical and family reasons but I tn=ink there should be a fair turnout. Wear something "Phantom" when you get there!

Re: 2018 Beer Call - LEEDS

Having looked through the emails I've received over the last few months, I have a few names of people who have expressed an interest in meeting up at Leeds:

Rog Canfield, Den Rayner, John Rowe, Gary Mannion, Dan Hollins, Chris Williams, John Prendergast, Kev Kitchen, Sam Pamma
Spike Leek, Tony Nash, Chris Lyon, Rob Yorkshades, David Whiteside, Dean Reynolds, Bren Murphy, Colin Kane, Al Potter,
Colin Piesse, Danny O’Connell.....

More possibles are:

Paul Wright, Sean Turner, Colin Sighe, David Manley, Calum McLucas, Phil Collins, Andy Bell, Jeremy Billett....

I'm fairly sure there are more, I just can't find them!

Hi Mr Rowe! Aye, me and John will be doon for the beercall. Will be looking furrard tae seeing a'b'dy! Mr Sighe, hope you and your better half will be there too! Here's cheers! 🍻🍻

Just to let you know for numbers my partner Faith need some medical attention so may not be there...