General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone out there?

I am interested to know if anyone is still checking this website regularly as all posts seemed to have dried up, with the exception of obituary notifications. I was also wondering if there is anyone still serving that worked on Phantoms, given how long ago they came out of servive

Re: Anyone out there?

Still here John! There are still some that touch base fairly regularly, but most are now using Facebook and ex-Sqn groups. There might still be the lowliest sprog from 1992 still in but he would have to be a WO/FS to have made it! Glad to see you are still going....:nerd_face:

I’m still here John! I agree with you that there appears to be little activity on the website, could be a reason for lack of support for any further reunions. Am still in touch with other guys from the good old Phantom days.

If there is anyone out there who is an avid ‘social media’ user, you might want to put the message out that I’m prepared one last time to organise another function year 21/22. Preferably combined with Remembrance Sunday march past the Cenotaph in London! We could march as the Phantomeers. I would need at least 140 volunteers to attend in the hope that on the Sunday, we could put out a squad of 100 on the march past.

It wouldn’t be cheap! But there must be quite a number of Phantomeers who have it on their ‘bucket list’ to experience the occasion. I did my first Cenotaph parade last year with the Harrier Force. It was a fantastic weekend meeting many colleagues from the past. So I have my name down again for this year.

For those who are not aware, any Veteran from the Forces is entitled to take part in the Cenotaph parade - if it’s organised in advance!

And it’s a bloody good social weekend!

It would be good to have one last meet-up, and I hope I'm still around and able to attend

Hi John, I'm still out here, alive and kicking and I do check the website, but not as often as I used to. I have just come out of isolation, yesterday, 01 August, with my wife, she has had two transplants. Every time anyone asks if we should have another reunion, yes is the cry, but then it just peters out.Should it be a possibility, in the future, we would be very interested in attending. If we don't have another soon, it will be too bloody late.

Too true Steve. Personally it may come too late for some of us, but you never know

Hi John
Still here and still breathing. Just.
I still check the website fairly regularly.
I agree everyone must be in hiding with the lack of posts.
Please keep going Den, it's good to know there are still some of us left.

Hey up John, Boris Taylor here. I admit it's been a while since I last checked up the website, just too busy at work to even think about it. Yep, still in after all these years. 2 years left and then feet up. Take care Chief, I still remember Christmas Day at your house with Geordie Williams. Good times. Speak soon. Boris.

Bloody hell, didn't think they're were any of you left in the mob. I believe you got your Tate & Lyle, so well done. Yes, I remember the two of you at Christmas - enjoyed those days. I am still working, albeit currently from home due to being a highly vulnerable person (wouldn't believe it would you)

Great times, a lots changed since then and unfortunately most of it not for the better, and I'm no where near as drinking fit as I was post Germany. Yep, got my Tate and Lyles up in 2014. Still a cabbage but potentially a dinosaur by today's standards, hahaha. Good to know you're still going strong. Take care mate.

Just wondered why some of the names are highlighted in yellow?

Hi Dee. The yellow highlights are people I have lost contact with via email (the last time I sent something out, it got bounced back). If you want to complete the members form again with your current email address, I'll update my records.
Den Rayner

Hi

I check every so often to see what is happening.

Hope you are well and staying safe

Yes. Still looking at the site. I was a rigger on the OCU 1975-76. Busy times. Always chasing names and details of 64sqn.

Hi all, still alive and kicking and living in Ipswich. I am sure there is quite a few left and it would be good to have a Post Covid meet.
Pat Johnson
Faggot leader 56Sqn

I’m still on planet Earth πŸ˜‚. Not sure how long for tho - am wrong side of 70 now ( KOS). I’m still up for a post Covid meet before too many more of us end up (pushing up daises) πŸ˜‚

Pat, were you in the Falklands in 1986 - opposite shift to me - when 1435 Flt had to mount a parade for 23Sqn Colour presentation?

Stay safe everyone! And Merry Christmas to all Phantomeers! πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ»πŸ₯‚πŸ₯ƒπŸ·πŸΉπŸΊπŸŽ

Ps - I still miss all the beer-calls, hic!

Hi Roger, I was in the Falklands the very beginning of '83. One of the few who met Maggie Thatcher when she visited.
Pat.