General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How about a final Phantomeers Beer Call - before we all 'peg it' ?

Hi all

Just to let everyone on the forum that after Al and I had a chat today we have decided not to come down for the beer call this weekend. We both have family health problems. Al's dad has recently had a heart attack and is recovering from this and my wife's brother has had stroke and because of this they have had stopped his dialysis and has given him weeks to live so we have to take each day as it comes. Hope everyone has a great catch up. Roger I will give you a call when everything calms down up here.
Cheers
Brian and Al

Update! For Soc - a decision was made ( after consulting several other members) not to collect £5.00 off everyone to book space at the Ackroyd Bar. Why put £150 behind the bar as a tab when those who want to, can throw a fiver into a jar on the table and buy a drink as and when? And we also retain the freedom to ‘move on’ if we don’t like the beer at this bar!

It is settled we meet on Friday night at The Devonshire (Weatherspoons) from 6pm onwards. However, I will ‘disappear’ at some point for an hour to check out the Ackroyd Bar and one other pub that has been recommended to me by a Veteran RAF guy who lives locally. I will report back no later than 9.00pm on my finds and perhaps at that stage we can make a decision where we all meet on the Saturday night?

Brian and Al, really sorry to hear you have had to pull out for Family reasons - but Family always comes 1st. Perhaps someone might decide to try and organise another informal meet in several years time (hint hint). I still look forward to seeing you both again sometime in the future.

Finally, don’t be surprised, if on the night, a RAFA ‘Wings Appeal’ collection tin appears on the table. Dig deep Phantomeers!

Final count is still approximately 30 people attending! Enjoy the weekend. R

Hi Roger,

I assume you will put the decision for Saturday's initial meet on this page (for the lightweights amongst us, me included, who can only make Saturday).

Sorry Guys, I wont be able to make it. I have come down with a bug that is making me nauseous. Have a few beers for me and I hope to see you all at the next reunion (if there is one).

Innes Griggs

Yes Buck! if we make a decision tonight to meet at a different venue Saturday night, I will put something on here! Roger

Sorry to hear you wont be joining us Innes! Get well soon. Roger

Where are we meeting tonight saturday

18.30 at Weatherspoons SOC - it's called The Devonshire. See you l8r!