General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Skipton Beer-call !

Seems like folks really enjoyed themselves up in the Yorkshire Dales! So much so that it has been suggested we organise another ‘bash’.

Am working on a plan for a meet in London in May 2023. Why London? Because all the Phantomeers’ meets in the past have been held in the North of England. But Wattisham was also a Phantom base so we should perhaps cater for lads who have settled down South!

Let me know if anyone is interested and if there is enough support, I will outline details, costs etc by Christmas. It could be a lot cheaper than you might expect with what I’m planning!!!

Thank you to all those who supported the Skipton meet. I think everyone had a great weekend and with beer at £1.40 a pint, I guess there was a few hangovers😂

Best wishes

Roger

Re: Skipton Beer-call !

Would certainly be up for that (without stating the obvious)

Hi Rog

I'm out of the country for most of next May. However, I'd thoroughly recommend the UJ club for a very reasonably priced overnighter in central London.

You read my mind Chris! I’ve been a Member for years! I’ll say more about the UJ Club if support looks promising for May. R

Count me in for that but it would be date dependant

Sounds good to me, depending on date. If I can then I will be there.

I think we could have another reunion, but why London, the midlands, or East Midlands is fairly central for the whole of the UK. Accommodation is cheaper and we would be closer to the “Big C” where it all started. I would be interested in that but probably not London. What’s the rest of you Phantomeers think?

Steve Hanson

I agree with Steve, somehow seems fitting.

I’m sorry I missed your post Roger, so obviously too late for your original date but I’d always be up for another Beer-call. I’d happily do London, but I’m more than happy to go with the majority if you ever look at it again.

Regards George

Hi George, I won’t be trying organise anymore reunions. Sadly, there does not seem to be any appetite amongst most Phantomeers for such activities! It has become increasingly more difficult to generate interest in such events ( like trying to shovel Rocking Horse manure up a hill) to put it politely!

I will support another reunion if someone else wants to organise one and if they do, my choice would be Stamford - to bring the Phantomeers closer to ‘home’

If enough members on this site feel strongly we should have another meet, then I may reconsider my decision to not get involved. But members need to show support thru this forum.

I there anybody out there interested?????????

I would certainly be interested in another Phantomeers reunion at Stamford, Lincoln, or anywhere in the East Midlands. Are there any other Phantomeers interested?

Steve Hanson

Hi all,

as the years pass so do lots of people I knew so lets get together well we still can

best regards Pete

Hi Roger
did this event happen? If so is there anymore being arranged?
regards
JIm