General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Allan Potter

Hi Phantomeers
With deep regret and sadness I have to announce that Allan Potter passed away on the 2nd Jan 2024 after a very short illness. He had many friends in the Phantom world made whilst working in 41 Sqd, INAS bay Coningsby, 19 Sqd Wildenrath, ASF Coningsby, and lastly in the the Phantom Servicing School.
I really got to know Allan in 1983 when he was in the INAS APAW and I was in the Comms bay supporting the 29 Squadron detachment in Cyprus. When we returned to Coningsby we were the best of friends from then on including our families. Many stories can be told of his work, sailing and partying exploits that will live on as good memories.
His funeral and cremation is on the 15th Jan 2024 and his wife Gillian has asked for donations only to the British Lung Foundation. Should any of his ex-colleagues wish to attend the funeral please contact me first as space is limited.

Re: Allan Potter

Just read your post Paul, very sad news about Al, if I'd read your post earlier I'd have paid my last respects at his funeral.
I was on 19 with Al and he was a brilliant bloke to work with, he always had a smile on his face.
I met up with Al again at Warton when he was instructing and he walked me through the Tornado systems before I went out to Saudi and of course meeting up with him at a few of the Phantom reunions. RIP Al.

Re: Allan Potter

Hi Paul, just read your post. Great guy and enjoyed working with him on 19