Return to Website

Weddings Abroad

Discussion Forum for Destination Weddings

Weddings Abroad
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advice or ideas on marrying in Cyprus?

Hi I would like to get married in Cyprus and I'm looking for anybody's advice who has already been there and done it...

Re: Advice or ideas on marrying in Cyprus?

went to brother in laws wedding in May in Paphos, really nice but the civil ceremony at the town hall is very short & the registrar looked like she'd just taken a break from the gardening and had her very young daughter with her. Lovely venue though & fab pictures outside.
If you have enough time, ie. get married in your second week, I would suggest booking a local taxi firm for transport, lots have really new mercs and charge a fraction of what you'll pay if you book it here. Richard saved £150, and they used proper wedding ribbons & everything. They had a fantastic reception venue too, I'll try & get the details and post it then, it was an english guy and the food was excellent, and for about 35 of us, with all the wine, fizz and favours, cake and greek dancers, it was less than £1500.

Re: Advice or ideas on marrying in Cyprus?

Hi Katherine,

I got married in Cyprus in Sept 2003. I had a fab time. 25 people came to see us getting married and decided just to make that the holiday for the year. We had a wonderful time. We wanted to go to the carribean but no one could afford it and my parents would not travel that far. I also have an auntie who had never been out of the uk and as she is like a 2nd mum Cyprus was the place suitable for it all. I originally arrange it through a large tour operator but they treated me like cr.....p. I did a little research and found a compnay called Aphrodite Weddings here is the websites.
www.marriageincyprus.com

www.weddingsincyprus.com

www.marriageincyprus.co.uk

She was my breath of fresh air and really sorted a damsel in distress out. She allows you to taylor make your wedding and no job is to big or small. My day was perfect. Everything of a tropical paradise but with friends and family there to share. As I am scottish she even go me a piper in full highland dress. My reception was decorated in tartan and thistles to match the tartan of my husbands kilt. So what more can I say. I can send you pictures if you have not already booked something

Michelle