This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Password gate question

It is unclear to me where to paste the code for the password gate. I placed it on, eugqb.bravehost.com/index.html, my home page, and I see it there, but it doesn't restrict anything from happening. My home page is the first page I see when I attempt to navigate to eugqb.bravehost.com. Is this the correct URL to put it on?

Re: Password gate question

The gate is not designed or meant to restrict anything from happening. it is not server-side password security.

It is a gateway between pages. Hide a page on your site by not linking to it from any other page on your site and force all your visitors to access the hidden page by going through the gate only.

Re: Re: Password gate question

Thanks for responding. How do I unlink (or not link) one page from another?

Re: Re: Re: Password gate question

The problem I'm having, I believe, is that I'm trying to do this within the Wizard and it seems to indicate that all pages created within the wizard are linked. Unless I can unlink them I guess I shot down as I don't know html. What do you think?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Password gate question

The Website Wizard auto-links all pages created in the wizard. You could create a page in the Visual Editor if you knew HTML, but it sounds like you might be a bit out of luck.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Password gate question

Thanks Morgan. Are you aware of anyother sources like Breavenet that have a Wizard that doesn't link?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Password gate question

Not really... the purpose of a beginners editor is to do the tasks that beginners dont know how to do... not many editors out there for beginners that will not do what they are built to do.

Re: Re: Password gate question

yes but how do you hide a page or create it without it being linked ? with the wizard, it is automatically linked to existing ones....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The gate is not designed or meant to restrict anything from happening. it is not server-side password security.

It is a gateway between pages. Hide a page on your site by not linking to it from any other page on your site and force all your visitors to access the hidden page by going through the gate only.