This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How to make a drop down menu

Hi, I was wanting to have a drop down menu under Products rather then it taking up the whole top every time I make a page for that group of products. Dose anyone have an easy way of doing this, I'm learning as I go lol. Thank you in advance Barb.

Re: How to make a drop down menu

You need to use javascript. There are lots of free libraries with scripts like theis on the web, Google will find them for you. You will still need sufficient understanding of scripting to tailor a script to your requirements.

Re: Re: How to make a drop down menu

ok, I will do that because my pages of products are taking up the hole thing at the top lol. I will study more on scripting so I can do it right. Thank you for replying, barb.

You should use File Manager Editors now to edit
and leave the wizard totally.

Now is good time to make the switch actually.
You can use the Visual Editor for most things.
You use the text editor for html codes for buy now
buttons etc and adding your javasript menus.

To make new pages you just open any existing page
in the visual editor and click file save as
and choose a new file name.
You then have a new page same layout
as other pages.
You then just edit the page content on each
copy to make new pages.

Pages you edit using file manager are published instantly when you click file save.

I thought the wizard was the only way to edit your pages lol, see told you newbie. I tried going to your web site and every time it restarts my INTERNET explorer, why is that?

My website is a-crawl with javascripts. So much so that when I listed the credits, I had to do a group credit. Most of my interactive stuff is javascript.

Here's where I get most of them

http://webdeveloper.earthweb.com/webjs/jsimage/item.php/79911

I did a bit of modification on some of them and they do double and even triple duty

some of them are drop-down menues that let you put in your onw word content

Als you can look up javascript source

These littl things can do all kinds of things, print randomly chosen text, password protect, forms and simple games.

As far as editing, I use Notepad. I do it in a folder on my hard drive, test then when I'm satisfied, I upload using the "Upload file" feature of the file manager, or, if I have 8 or more to uploead I put them all in one folder by theyselves and upload the lot using the FTP applet.

i am in need of someone to help me... i am trying to get my site started and i am lost. how do you remove the frames from the website wizard??

You guys are great for helping me, thank you so much I will try everything and see what I come up with hehe. Thanks again Barb.

hey barb have you figures out how to do this?? if so can you help me

No not yet but I'm getting there lol.As soon as I figure it all out I will let you know ok.I think were in the same boat learning as we go, And with the help of everyone else we will get as good as them I hope.I am going to try the file manager now and see how it goes.Talk soon ok,Barb.

ok I tried installing Java and I kept getting an error and it won't let me
finish the install. Any clues to why it won't ? This is the Error that
kept coming up. Thanks Barb.

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11 Installer Infor...

Error 1606.Could not access network location
http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/GetFile/1.5.0_11-b03/windows-i586//jo 150000,cab.

I kept clicking retry but the error kept coming up

Re: Removing Iframes/Frames

Some of Red Wizard Themes uses iframes
in thier theme layout.
iframes is kind of frame

If you donot want irfames you
need to change your theme and or layout
to one that has no frames.

or

The Blue Wizards layouts donot use iframes.

or instead of using javascript you could use flash:

have a look at this, i designed it for a web design contest at school

http://www.crazy-stunts.com/Web%20Design/index.html

Hi Barbara If you look at my pages I have used a tidy little drop down menue on all pages except the index one You can copy and paste my script or I can send you the original one that came from Bravenet I will copy it into here and you should be able to view the code. All you need to do then is copy and paste and change the links to yours and add others that you want.
Change the link destination in the options
If you need more links, just add more lines
Change the name of the link
Copy the code to your clipboard
Paste the code into your html page where ever you want this navigation menu to be located.

That's it. Very clean, simple and easy to use.

As with most JavaScript, spacing is important. Please ensure that the second line of the code above is continuous without breaks.

Browser: 3689681

Wow that is nice,So if I download flash player I would be able to use that on my site? I like your site by the way.

No need for flash player, just copy the code and paste into your page and alter the links to suit your site.

Browser: 3689681