This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How to type over buttons

Ok so I am using a free template off the site (the one with a picture of a city on it, kind of a salmon color) and I was wondering how to type over the buttons. If I click there it removes the button when I type. Do I have to make the button a background image? If so how?

Re: How to type over buttons

you have to have a graphics program to type text on the buttons

so try irfanview

It is possible to rework some of the template code, so that the button image is actually a background and text can be overlayed on it. But that would mean a re-write of the link section, and is not the original intent.

The intent of the button image, on the Bravenet templates, is to download the blank button image to your local PC and annotate it with a graphic editor. Create as many buttons as you like, saving them under different names, and then upload them to your web site. Then change the button references in your HTML code.

Here is a link to a good free graphic editor from IrfanView.com, that has, among other things, the ability to overlay text on graphic images.

Another resource might be a on-line button maker like GRSites.com. It's a textured buttons will allow you to upload your own button image and create annotate button images.

You might want to try this link to my help page on Working With Bravenet Templates. The page on Template Editing has links to several good free web page design applications.

Another resource, on using Templates from the Template Gallery, is the May 25,2007 Newsletter. You can find it in your Bravenet Account Manager under "Resources --> Bravenet Newsletters". Their recommendations are Photoshop, GIMP, and Paintshop Pro. But other programs can be used.

Thanks everyone for the help!