This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Changing templates with existing content

I wanted to know how I could possibly change my template yet keep the existing content on my site.

Denise

Re: Changing templates with existing content

Hi, can anyone advise as to how to change the background color on an exisiting template? The one im using currently is a rather loud orange and I'd like to change it to a more subtle aquamarine blue.

Can anyone assist?

Hi if you eail me i will walk you through it

Browser: designz4u2007,4

How can I change my template and not disturb any existing content? Please email me instead of me emailing you. I don't have the default email set up on my computer. smashmellow@live.com
Thanks!

Browser: Explorer

There is no need for email. You can get the answer right here. Forums are intended so that everyone can benefit from your question and answer. But I do find it interesting that you dredged up a three year old posting. None of the sites linked to in their posts even exist any more.

The answer is pretty simple. You are using a Website Wizard Theme for creating your web site. While your in the Wizard, click on the "manage website" link. When the page finishes loading you should see a link that says "Switch your Theme Set". This will allow you to choose any of the other available theme sets. Each Theme has three different layouts allowing you can choose a different layout for each page.

And, none of the content will be lost. It will simply be moved to the new content areas when you use the "publish" process.

You can also switch from the Wizard Themes to the Layouts, without losing any content. This can be useful if you want more than the seven pages offered by the Themes. You could switch to a Layout, add a few pages, and then switch back to the Theme. All of the pages will be preserved and will be visible on the "manage website" page.

Browser: FIrefox