Re: Re: Willing to help beginners with their website for free

Help
I can not change the main page image.
and the pages are not connecting back to the home page>>>>>>>

thank you sooooo much
PS awesome site

Browser: change the main page image

Re: Willing to help beginners with their website for free

Help me, I'm beyond upset, and I've let it go for a month to try and start fresh now (to no avail). Like Tracey said above I am too, stuck in circles and accomplishing nothing.
Granted my last webpage building experience was in 1998-99 with tripod for free. I had some fun with that and things have changed in the last few years with site building. However to fathom that I spent $100 on something that (compared to) makes a myspace page look professional and informative is turning me ill. I can't get anywhere here. Any help qould be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please, oh please - where do I start? I make Memory quilts and am constantly asked about a website but I haven't got a clue as to how to do this. Any and all help would make me eternally grateful!

HELP, my name is Jan and on my web site I have A special Fall Extravaganza page and form. I need to switch it to A spring extravaganza and the guy that set up my site is missing in action. This site needs to be up and running by Tuesday Morning. If I sent you the stuff to change it could you please help me. THANKS A MILLINO JAN, you can go to my site at scrapndream.com and see the descriptions, its changing the class line up and a few other details. HELP PLEASE Jan

WOW! I just checked out your site~! What a great site! Very nice work! :0)

Den Martell... Here's an example of what could be done to your site. The colors are pretty much the same, made your photo alot smaller. Wasn't sure what you wanted to name the page so made up my own.

Jan

See answers under Editing topic.

Hi Gill,

I would like to upload 4 songs to my site where people can click on the song title and listen to it?

Can you help? If you go to my site, then click on downloads, you'll see what I mean. My email is dorian@doriancastle.com

Rich

I just clicked on the top one, but I assume you have solved your problem? It downloaded without a hitch, and is playing in Winamp.

If you think there is a problem, it may due to the file size and the time it takes to download. I could download your files at more than 100/kb sec, and it still took longer than I'd normally wait for a site to load. By modem it would have taken me 20-30 times as long.

I have received so many emails and I was bum rushed. Should have expected it and I loved it. I needed a clue as to where people are getting lost and I have figured it out.

I am in process of building a great tutorial site for free hosters and paid clients of bravenet. A simple, guide with pictures to help you. The site will also have a tutorial on Dreamweaver, and Fireworks, but I will charge for this one, why? Ask a starving designer lol, no seriously, I know the site will go big.

And I dont see any of you refusing to pay $10 to learn Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Quark, Illustrator? Also I am planning to have a live phone chat service as well. If you are paid user, you call via internet [call is free] and get help right there and then.

As a promise, if the site is created and I know I don't require additional features or space, all will be freeee, my word as batman.

gill,
hi im pretty good with comuters... but this website thing is alot more difficult then tthe other sites i ahve tried.....
i cant seem to get a picture on the main page.
i cant seem to get the website to load/ launch.
also i cant seem to edit the main page at all.
plz help me.....

Browser: xmuffinmenx,2

Mr. President,

Check ur email :)

Guys a new front page for a site created in fireworks then imported to dreamweaver, see it, at http://benmark.southasiatracker.com

This is the reason I say get these 2 softwares, I will help u learn these guys quickly :)

Gill

Hi Gill,
I'm a newbe to Bravnet.com, web design as a whole. I am trying to re-design a Bravenet template by the terms. I downloaded one into a trial version of Winzip and need to figure out how to edit things on the template. Being as novice as I am, instructions are needed and you are the closest, quickest way I see.
esigned
wantluck

Hi Gill,

I am so new, but I got it up and running. I just can't get back into editing the pages, there is so much info, and I can't remember how I did it. Help!
Email me at sharon.williams@adelphia.net -- thanks.

That is very generous of you. I already have a website dedicated to my missing brother and I would like to start a new website for my grankids/friends & others to go in and enjoy themselves. Can you help me with that? I knew what to do with the first one but this one I have no clue how to start

Hello Mr.Gill,
what is your present website address?
may we have a look at that?

Newbie question?

is it possible to put a video clip from my digital camera on my website? thanks for the help
Chenoa

hi Gill

as you know i love the page you've created for me bless ya hope the rest of the sites coming along ok any thing u need just shout

cant wait to see the finished article :D

keep up the good work!

Rachel x

Browser: ,3

hi, i signed up with bravenet for the web tools, and i have recently signed up with bravent for webhosting, however i have already created a website using dreamweaver and i would like to know if i can use the website i have currenly built using dreamweaver? plz e-mail me bk or leave a post, plz help. regards
L.Robertz

Hi,
Im probably too late but if not I would like some help I have been going round and round in circles, I can seem to finnd the right layout, the pages are just not in the order I require, please help in other words I'm not good at all and really qwould like my site up and running by 1st April so please please contact me and I will call you if need be.

Desparate lady

Elsie

Hey, check ur e mail

Browser: asdflvr92,2

I need all the help i can get with my site , i am not getting any sales

Hello Gill,

I would like to thank you for the offer. I have been trying create my site. If you would please assist?

I have my site up and now when I add links they turn blue.
1. How can I get my links a different color?

2. I would also like to add a frame on the left hand side of my second and third pages.

3. I notice my side bar on the main page is quite long. Should I just add One link for my stuffables and then create a link on secondary page to the others. (I think this might be better.)

4. Paypal intergration or order form? Which do you think would be more appropiate. I can provide a photos via photo album and just have customers pick which ones and then enter them on a order form if needed to send me customizations.

Even if I still use a order form I would have to intergrate paypals add to cart and view cart options.

I'm overwelmed. Please Help! Thanks!

Browser: jewellsdelight,2

If u are still availiable I am trying to upload a video and possibly some music to my website, I am having the hardest time. I have posted pictures and I am still building,but the video is most important for scouts to see!!Please if you can just get me in the right directions, thanks in advance

Browser: shaunesideberry,2

Re: marcurmelvin.net or marcusmelvin.net or ???

Whatever seems important to you, actually one of the most important things for you to do is to get into the habit of using copy/paste to give someone your web address, rather than trying to type it in.

Really!

You gave us the address http://marcurmelvin.net/, but I think what you meant to say was http://marcusmelvin.net/

As you can see (if you click on those two links), there's a big difference!

Can you tell me how to use one the templates, I uploaded it like 10 times but can't get how to use it for my website? Any help would be so great!!!

I could use some help with my header and meta tags. I did an analasis of my site at scrubtheweband this is the results. If you could help me I would appreciate it very much.
http://www.scrubtheweb.com/cgi-bin/webtools/meta-check.cgi

is it too late for getting a tip? Re: Willing to help beginners with their website for free

am paid customer; cannot figure out how to cut and paste from free webwizard to a paid pro template first and then to my own design down the road; also need to post a video

thanks for any help

www.mappinghealthinformatics.com

Irina.

Depends on what you want to cut and paste. Text should be fairly easy, but tell us what you have in mind. Video:
Click to see video

I don't think anything that can be called a video is small enough to be embedded.

have paid account - cannot change wizard to template Re: Willing to help beginners with their websit

I have a paid account - cannot change all my wizard files and page content which you can see on the website: www.mappinghealthinformatics.com
to another pro template which has less restrictions and when I have mastered that process, I can design my pages....and only after that is completed can I entertain the notion of adding audio or video files

Thanks for your help and advice

hi,
I really, really need some help. i am trying link words from the home page to their own page and i dont get it. i have been trying for days. please please help me.

Browser: ,3

1 2