This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
i need help in my flash intro!!!

How do i put a flash intro into my website? i want to add it with my main homepage that is also flash/cms based. then when i uploaded it and name it as index.html but nothing comes out?

what's the first thing should i do to connect the flash into into my homepage? or index????

please help...

Browser: tabertitan23@yahoo.com

Re: i need help in my flash intro!!!

I am attempting to insert a flash (.swf). I suggest we proceed in tandem.

I tried 7 bloggin sites as of date. Only synthasite accepts .swf (html editor insert embed code with link to .swf).

email me to exchange flash ideas.

Note the 97 reads and 1 reply. I suggest we are a bold crew with .swf

The Help or FAQs section may offer suggestions. First, is .swf (without youtube or google embed code) allowed? If yes, allowed within free site?

bravenet help:
Note: We do not provide PHP/MySQL script installation assistance, Java, Flash, Web Design or HTML support, and we can't support the hundreds of online site builders available on the web. If you are having problems adding our codes onto pages built in your webhosts sitebuilder program, contact them for assistance with the correct steps needed to add or maintain your Bravenet service codes. We also do not provide support for the scripts in our resource center. Have general questions about Website Hosting, or PHP/MySQL? Check here. Need help with search engine optimization or bringing more traffic to your site? Check here.

view flash embed result at:

http://taxaction.bravehost.com/index.html

Sorry, how do I past embed code in "html allowed" message board (a screen shot?).

Yes, flash is usable on free and paid sites. The issue of it not working comes up all the time in the HTML forum. But don't expect Bravenet to provide any help. They only provide hosting and expect the user to know what they are doing.

I don't find flash very useful, but I use flash on some of my test sites and don't have any problem. The link I provide on my posts is to a Website Wizard creation that uses small flash files for the page introductions. The code for embedding flash is pretty much cookie cutter. A better forum for information on using flash might be the HTML Coding forum. A little search should bring up these two recent postings: Adding swf file to site and Help with flash.

Taxaction's code at taxaction.bravehost.com/index.html is stripped to bare bones, but might work if the ".swf" file existed. The coding is listed below.

If I try to access the ".swf" file directly, I get a file not found error. There are usually only a couple of reasons for this kind of thing.

• The file doesn't exist - The code is expecting the file to be in the "resources" folder on your web site. Either you haven't uploaded it to that folder yet or you uploaded it to another folder. I looked around a little bit, but couldn't find it. Create the necessary folder and upload the ".swf" file.

• You spelled it wrong - The Bravenet server is Linux based and is sensitive to upper/lower case. A file named "myswffile.SWF" may not be recognized, if you page is looking for "myswffile.swf".

Use your File Manager to make sure that your ".swf" file is named correctly and in the right folder.

Hi guyz,

thank you for all your messages, though i already found a way how to implement it. it's along and winding process though but i works well now. I'm currently uploading and polishing my website so you may try and visit it later. My website is a paid plan so i'm using the professional version. some tips and bits are helpful from bravenet, but most of the problems that you will encounter is a "help-yourself" kind of thing.

for all those other web builders and if you're using flash and dreamweaver cs3 you have to embed them manually and publish is one by one. Even by renaming the files as "index"it won't publish itself. I tried downloading one of their templates and hit the "publish" button to go online then rewrite the commands, it worked well before now i'm having some problems with going online again.