This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
layout?

I created a website a few months back and now I'm finally editing it again I want to change my website layouts but its just been awhile and I can't remember how I went into the layouts and picked 1 and then I changed the header.then I choose the layout as the one I wanted and now I can't remember on how to switch it to the new one the old one did not work rite...now I'm switching it but I can't remember how...

can someone help me please...

Re: layout?

I would suggest to Click "Websites" after you have signed into Bravenet, then in the Website Manager click on "Manage Websites section where it lists your website address url over to the right side it says "Manage", --click on that. Then in the Website Wizard down the page a bit it says "Design and Details", below that it says "New Layout", click on that link. Then select whatever layout you wish. If you want to change site colors, there is back in the "Design and Details" section on the right side lists "Site Colors".

LillyHFB

Re: layout?

Dawn,

It is often difficult for other users to recognize the difference between a Wizard generated web site and one created from a template. Unless you really want to use the Website Wizard, do not follow the instructions that Lilly gave. The Wizard is not compatible with the templates from the template gallery, and may overwrite your web pages.

When you originally chose your layout, you followed the "Web Templates" link under "Web Tools", browsed the gallery, and chose a template to be put in your "my favorites". Then you uploaded the template to your web site and used the Visual/Text editors, available in the File Manager. If you want to change that template, go back to the "Web Templates", select a different template, and upload it to your web site. By default, it will overwrite your existing template. Then you can use the Visual/Text editors to edit the template. Since you don't have much content yet, it won't be a big task to re-enter it. For more information on how to work with templates try my pages on Kvetching About Templates.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....