This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Music

How do I upload a song I have in my Windows Media to my website?

Re: Music

While we are waiting for someone to tell you how, let me offer the viewpoint that you shouldn't. You are not a band or a composer, there is no sensible reason to have music on that page. If your visitors want music, they probably have already started something from their own system.

Also, you have about 2 megabytes too much on your main page already, inclucing an image that looks a lot like this:
Photobucket
except it is not 4 kilobytes, but 826. Always resize your pictures before uploading. Irfanview is a free program that can do the job if you haven't already got something on your computer. (Scanners and camera often come with software included)

In the event this is still relevent... Bravenet doesn't currently support media player codes, and I assume you want the music to start automatically when the Visitor enters your site? As was pointed out by Corwith, this is generally a bad idea anyway, due to differing bandwidths,as well as copyright considerations. If your a/v file loads slowly (usually interupting the rest of your site's content), most Visitors won't hang around waiting for the whole thing anyway.
If it's still important to you to offer up a musical interlude, you could upload your audio files to one of the many file-storing sites (i.e. YouTube, etc.), and copy/paste a link accessing the file from within your site. This can be done in many artistic and attractive ways, create your own "player" without swallowing up all the storage space.

Browser: Opera

Thank you very muich for your advice. You are both absolutely right.
I will also try to work with my files size.

Thanks again,

Karen