This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problems with editing not showing up when I have published it. Changes show in "preview" though.

I checked on my web site and it now shows a white background and extra large wording: "Navigation", "Guest Book", Links"--all now huge. (I didn't do that, so apparently the Bravenet templates are malfunctioning???.) Also malfunctioning is that my table-framed information I have on the page is now way down the page and not up at the top, so it is basically all messed up now for some reason.

I reworked the whole template and it shows up in my Preview that it is back to how it used to be with the colored background and the left-side Navigation with the framed box to the right. When I Publish it, it does not show up with the corrections. Instead it is back to the white background and the framed box scrolled down the page. It says to be patient for the changes to appear, but this has been four days now and still malfunctioning. What is going on? Why won't the changes show up?

Thank you,

LillyHFB
http://hopefrombeyond.bravehost.com

Re: Problems with editing not showing up when I have published it. Changes show in "preview" though.

Looks like a problem with your style.css file.

If it is a Wizard site then republish. If that doesn't fix it then raise a ticket.

If you downloaded a template then you must have broken it yourself and I would suggest downloading it again to get the correct style.css file

Re: Problems with editing not showing up when I have published it. Changes show in "preview" though.

Yes, this is a common problem with the Wizard. Sometimes, during publishing, the Wizard deletes the old "style.css" file but does not create a new one. Sometimes this can be fixed by waiting a little bit and trying again. Other times you need to open a trouble ticket and have Bravenet fix it.

You can look for the "style.css" file yourself. After you publish, use the File Manager to view the files on your web site. You should see a "index.htm" file, a "style.css" file, plus all of your other web pages and support files.

You may also want to check on the file space you are using. Bravenet changed the file space limitations lately and some of the internals of the Website Wizard. Your images don't appear to be very big, but you may have exceeded the file space allowed for free sites, and Bravenet deleted them. I noticed that many of your links do not exist.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Yes you are correct, many of my links are no longer functioning. I will get a ticket started then and see if there is something they can do. Thank you for your suggestions. As I am rather new to this, I will try to follow your instructions and see if I can do something myself. I hope you don't mind if I have some more questions about fixing it myself.

Thank you,

Lilly

Disk Space: 23.2 MB of 5.0 MB
Bandwidth Used this Month: 9.6 MB of 1.5 GB
Free Websites 1
hopefrombeyond.bravehost.com 9.6 MB

Here is my data and I see that since Bravenet decreased it's space, it appears that I am now unable to have my site? I am using 23.2 MB and it now allows only 5 MB. Are there any other options to still have a free site here at Braavenet? It's a lot of work that I have put into my site and I would like to remain here.

Thank you for your help!

LillyHFB

Only option you have is to UPGRADE to paid hosting as you are way over the 5mb limit

SO optimize any huge images you may have and delete any large files you may have

Bravenet posted this on their reducing the hosting long ago and more and still people must have been off in dreamland and NOT PAYING attention

So you have to adjust your site to be under the 5mb limit if you want to keep the free subdomain/free hosting here.

Otherwise look at other hosts who may have more space options and you would have to rebuild your site at one of those

Bravenet decreased the size allottment due to people abusing it for FREE HOSTING it is only intended for a basic little site and if want to build up then you should PAY to upgrade your hosting to expand to a more professional site