This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!

I am having the worst time working with my Bravenet acct.

My website is finished and proven out locally here on my computer. I can ftp - some - of - the - times...

other times, I can't.

I can see my site locally complete with flash. On the server - never.

I see where others have posted they too are having trouble with placing the index.html in the root directory and so am I.

The flash files are XML so there should be no problem with the server locating the files.

Can someone please tell me what is going on here? Is there something unique to Bravenet servers that I am missing?

Thanks, Mike

Browser: IE7

Re: PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!

I see your site just fine, flash and all. And your index.html seems to be right where it is supposed to be. Is it possible that your domain is so new that your ISP hasn't been let in on the secret yet? Or perhaps you just found the solution and fixed it?

Re: PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!

It's more a combination of me diddling around with everything and figuring out nothing.

Frustrated, I just began copying and pasting everything in all the folders I could. Have no idea what was the solution, but you are correct. I now have flash and a complete page, but it took forever (>2 days) to get something up and going.

REALLY worried now about forum installation...

Browser: IE7