This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: Difficulty placing title tag and keywords in website

I have read several posts in reference to my question and tried to do what was recommended but I encounter difficulty. My problem is I created my website using the Theme Wizard and I'm trying to add title tags and keywords. I tried this formula:log on to website on the left, right click on text, click on view source and tried to place keywords etc. between the code but it would not let me do it. I was not able to place anything in there. Does anyone have any suggestions? It will be greatly appreciated. I'm a newbie.

Browser: firefox

Re: Difficulty placing title tag and keywords in website

I'm not sure what you mean by "log into the web site". The only way to edit your web site is from your Account Manager. Any Wizard Theme or Layout severely limits your abilities to access certain parts of your web site. With the Layouts, there is a built in link for modifying the meta tags on your web pages. But the Themes do not provide any access.

Some users try to edit the pages from the File Manager. While this initially seems to work, as soon as you go back to the Wizard and use the "publish" link, all your changes will be overwritten. There is not easy way around this issue.

It is possible, although I can't guarantee it, that the meta tags will work if they are imbedded in you web page content. Other than that, there isn't any way to add them, and still be able to use the Theme Wizard. The Layouts are a little bland, but they can be spiced up a bit. That will give you access to the meta tag area from within the Wizard. But even with a Layout, you are limited to modifying the Author, Description, and Keyword meta tags.

If you want to try it, you can switch from a Theme to a Layout, without losing any content. all your pages, and their content, will be moved. Then, if you don't like it, you can switch back. Anything more than that would mean abandoning the Wizard completely, and use a web page design tool on you own PC. Then you would have complete freedom to add all the meta tags you please.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....