This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Template & content deleted - replaced with scamble text

I attempted to change to a new free css theme template, but unlike WordPress you can't just switch themes and now my original theme and content is gone. I just want to use the Professional or Sandpiper theme which isn't available through the wizard, so how do I implement the entire theme instead of just sections? My question may sound simply to those who know how to design a website, but I don't, so if you're able to help thanks in advance.

Re: Template & content deleted - replaced with scamble text

If you had a Wizard site, you should be able to just go into Wizard and "publish", and your original site will be restored.

If you want to build a normal website outsite the Wizard, just build it on your computer and upload when you are ready.

If you want to apply some outside theme to your Wizard site, that just isn't going to happen.

Thank you for your comments. I will restore the old wizard template I had. I really wanted to use one of the css templates, but after uploading it, I don't seem to be able to get it to work correctly. With the wizard the entire template appears with the other templates its as if I have to do it piece by piece. I know I'm not making sense but I have lost a step somewhere. If I knew what I was doing it would be easier. I thought all I had to do was upload the template and change the text, but that isn't the case. :(

I don't know what you have been doing, but I suspect the missing step may have been some idea that the template and the wizard could be combined in some sort of way? If you use the template, you create and edit files on your computer and upload when finished. You cannot apply the template to your wizard pages or edit your new pages in Wizard.