This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how do I stop people for copying from my site?

Do you know if there is a way to prevent people form copy and pasting or printing thins I put on my site?

Browser: FireFox

Re: how do I stop people for copying from my site?

No. Oh, there may be a trick that prevents some octogenarian who just learned internet use from a grandchild from printing out a page and putting it in a drawer. But nothing will stop anybody capable of putting your content back on another webpage.

Easy, don't put it on the web.

I know there is no sure way to stop it. I just want to make it more difficult. Most people won't go out of the way copy if they can't just right click and hit copy.

Well, yes. As I more or less said. People who don't really want your stuff and isn't going to use it for anything probably won't bother. Why would you care? They already have a copy in temporary internet files, what does one more matter?

And any webmaster above the age of 10 who wants to use something of yours will just take it. Right-clicking isn't even the fastest way to copy things.

For anyone wondering the answer to this question i figured it out for my self. just add this code. to prevent copy and paste. I will not be using this for questions anymore. I was just wanting a simple answer and got nothing but smart a** remarks. Thank you.

well hey the No right click code can still be worked around so people can still copy your site

but hey good riddens to you

Your choice. As long as you don't start uploading things you wouldn't have if you didn't think you were "protected" by this amazing, clever script.

You wanted an answer? As I remember, you asked:
"Do you know if there is a way to prevent people form copy and pasting or printing thins I put on my site?

And you were quite correctly told "No!".