This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help! Need to make web site available in English AND Spanish!

Does anyone know how I would be able to create a site which gives the option of translating the site from English to Spanish? I have never designed a web site before, so I'm brand spanking new to the entire process and I want to make sure this one thing is possible before proceeding. Thanks.

A little background on what I need from the site:

It's going to be for owners of a new condo in Panama, which has both Spanish and English speaking residents. Most importantly, we need the English/Spanish hurdle to be solved. Additionally, we need the home page to be available to owners and renters alike, and a separate "owner's only" section, which is password protected. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Tom

Re: Help! Need to make web site available in English AND Spanish!

Use this on your webpage for easy to install translation.

http://translate.google.com/translate_tools

Re: Help! Need to make web site available in English AND Spanish!

Until we have true artificial intelligence, computer translations are chancy at best. For a bilingual site, just create two sets of pages - one in each language. On your main page, use both languages and let your visitors decide if they want to go to page2.html or pagina2.html.

(If you are doing everything yourself, you will most likely get the best result by using the language that i not your native language first, then translating back into your own)