General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Template disappeared

Help my template disappeared after I made a change to my contact page

Browser: exploer and firefox

Re: Template disappeared

You no longer seem to have a style.css - or rather, the file seems to be there, just without any content.

The code looks like it is created in Wizard (hard to tell without the formatting, of course). Have you done any editing outside Wizard? If that was what you did working on your contact page, you may restore it by "publishing". But any non-wizard improvements you have made will be gone.

If you have had some weird glitch in Wizard, you may be in considerably more trouble than most of us would be in that situation.

I'm not sure how you would go about restoring the original. Possibly you could fix it by changing Wizard types, then changing back. But don't try that just yet. Wait for someone named Philo to comment first. (or possibly someone else who knows what he is talking about, but if that is a Wizard site, I doubt there is anyone else.)

Re: Template disappeared

Hi Lyndon,

Corwings is correct about your style sheet, "style.css". While the style sheet exists, it doesn't have any content. Bravenet just fixed another problem with the Website Wizard, so I think that your initial problem may have been caused by the Wizard. I would first use the File Manager and delete the "style.css" file. Being empty, it should show up in the File Manager as "0 Bytes". Then go to the Website Wizard and use the "publish website" link. This should cause the Wizard to generate a new "style.css" file. I just did this with my own test site and it restored the "style.css".

When you done publishing and trying to view your site, make sure you force a couple of Browser Refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R). This will make you browser update it's information from the internet.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....