This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
html coding

In all my websites I've written my own HTML, with the help of some of you guys. I'v been using windows notepad with both 98 and 2000 systems to create my work. Now I have machines with windows XP and Vista and don't know what to use instead of notepad to create an HTML file. Any help?

Browser: IE

Re: html coding

I'm not sure I understand the question, I don't know about Vista, but Notepad is certainly there in XP.

Well, actually, the part I didn't understand wasn't really the question.

My favorite alternative to Notepad is Editpad. It has color coding for HTML, so you can see where you have missed a quote or a tag. You can open as many files as you want at once. You can save those files as a project, meaning next time you open them with one command. You can do global search and replace, so you can edit the menu on 100 pages at once. You can paste with "Pastebook", so you can store 15 often used bits of text or code for later pasting.

Available here. The above applies to the Pro version, I'm not sure exactly what is lacking in EditPad Lite, which is the free version.

Re: html coding

Notepad is available on both XP and Vista.

I suspect that you are getting the names mixed up and had previously installed a third party text editor such as Textpad.