This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trouble uploading Template

Hi.

Can someone figure out what is going on here.

I have been using Bravehost for sometime now, although I havnt used it for about 9 months or so. I have a site using bravehost and its fine but I have just made another one and can not get an index file in the file manager after loading the template I want. Its only showing the image files.

Browser: IE and Firefox

Re: Trouble uploading Template

How are you uploading? Through file manager or ftp? What exactly happens when you fail to upload your index file? You didn't forget to rename it by any chance? I seem to remember that a lot of templates have index files named things like index38.html (if it is template 38). Rename it to index.html and try again if that is the case.

I use the File Manager... I havnt tried ftp, I have been using the file manager for years now and it usually works fine for what I do... until now. I have tried to rename it to just index.html and i have done it over and over again. even deleting the page and starting again.

Thanks for your quick response.

I have noticed there is a note in the file manager "Please note, any changes made here will NOT be loaded into the Website Wizard. If you want to edit your pages from here, you'll need to stop using the Wizard to publish, as this would overwrite the File Manager changes." I havnt used the wizard at all

Breannan the note you see MEANS THAT if you used the Wizard editor

So you didn't use the wizard editor as you say so ignore it

It just says to people that if using the wizard editor then they venture to the file manager and edit then save and they go back to the wizard to work more on their pages that what updates they did in file manager WILL NOT be on the page if go back to the wizard. So says to NOT go back to wizard editor if you start using the file manager.

There is just too many noob's that don't realize that.

I only mentioned that because I have never seen that there before and thought it could be relivent

Good thinking. That would probably have been our next guess. Instead: Do you perhaps still have the default index.html left over from when you created the site? What happens when you go to your URL? Come to think of it, what is your URL?

the index is there when i first started the website and as soon as I upload the template there is no index file just the image file for the template. when i preview the site it comes up with 403 forbiden. Could be just my computer! my other site works fine www.thecoans.bravhost.com

Sorry, neither of those work. They both say 403 forbidden.

But they both are free sites. How many megabytes of images did you upload? If you exceeded the 5 megabyte limit, that might explain why we cannot see your site.

Check if you have uploaded any huge images (anything above 50 kilobytes).

ahhh ha, thats it! 10.1 MB used of 5.0 MB.... ooops! I have never exceeded the limit before. Didnt even notice it.

Thanks for your help. Time to do some deleting