This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Secure login question + event calendar

Hello,
I'm running the website for a group i'm involved with and i've come to a point where my knowledge has run dry.

What we are looking for on the site now is the ability to have an event calendar where specific users, or ones with the right passwords, can create events on a calendar.

This calendar would be behind a password protected area. Other members, who have now logged in, would be able to go to the calendar, click on an event and the event would have a button or link that says 'join' or 'add me' or something similar, which would then automatically add their name to a 'guest list' of people who would be attending that event.

Preferably, this calendar would also send out a reminder email of the event in question to the people who have added their names to the guest list.
This guest list would also be viewable to anyone else who has clicked on that event.

I'm assuming the best login style for something like this would be PHP so the user could login to the member section and it would remember who they are so they wouldnt have to manually type their name in.

Otherwise, a calendar with the same as above, only with a button that said 'join' or the likes, and when they clicked on it, came up with a screen they could manually type their name in and click 'send' and it would do the same as above and add their name to the event on a sort of guest list.

The problem I have is that I have zero knowledge of PHP.
Is there a simple tutorial, and a free calendar out there that I might accomplish my goals?

I'm totally in the dark here, any help?

Browser: IE8