This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Navigation

How can I hide the edit the navigation on website pages?

Browser: internet explorer

Re: Navigation

I'm not sure exactly what your asking for.

Do you see something on your web pages that will allow someone to edit them? I don't see anything, but sometimes the previews provide you with links to edit your pages. However, you are the only one that will see those links. Visitors will not see them.

Or, are you asking how to edit the navigation menu? If so, exactly what do you want to do to the menu?

Since your using the Website Wizard, your options are very limited, unless you know something about HTML, CSS, and Javascript. The Wizard adds pages to your navigation menu as you create them. If you delete a page from within the Wizard, it is erased from your navigation menu, but the HTML will still exist on your website. Some users attempt to use the Visual editor on that file and link it in to their main pages manually. But, using the Visual editor on a page created from the Wizard, is a mistake.

There are techniques to allow a user to hide menu items from the visitor, and have them still editable from the Wizard. But that takes a little bit of work.

Also, if you have other links that you want presented in a menu, you can just generate a second navigation menu. The "edit links" selection in the Wizard will allow you to create one, or more, extra navigation menus.

If you want more information, explain a little bit more, and someone might be able to help.

p.s. Fix the URL link in your posting. The correct address for your web site is "http://www.whiteoaksfuneralhome.bravehost.com/", not "http://www.whiteoaksfuneralhome.bravenet.host/" as it is in your post.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Navigation

ok I will try to make this as simple as I can.

I want to link one of my pages to another but i dont want it to show up in the main navigation. If you check out my site you will see the last page in the navigation. But I want to have that accessed from a link on my library page. Please help. I guess what I want to do is create a secondary navigation menu. I am using the custom layout wizard, if that helps any.

Browser: internet explorer