This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
moving sub headers

on my main page, on the left i have the list of all the pages that are on my website, what i would like to do, is move them up and down so i can place them in there relivent places, and if possible move some of them forward a couple of spaces so it looks like a sub page to the page above it, alternativly is there a way so when i click on a header, a couple of sub catorgories appear underneath that name.
any help would be appreciated.
sorry about my spelling lol.
and does anyone know what time maintenance is due to start.

Re: moving sub headers

You can design your page how you want if you stop using the Wizard

You can change the ordering of the pages in your navigation menu. There is a Wizard FAQ item that describes the process. The Layout based Wizard doesn't have the ability to change the order, but the Theme based Wizard does. So the process involves switching to the Theme based Wizard, changing the ordering of the pages, and then switching back to the Layout based Wizard. You need to make sure you write down your color scheme before you start the process. The Theme based Wizard really only supports 7 pages, but I have re-ordered sites with 10 or more pages, without any problem.

You could add your own navigation menu, that contains categories and sub-categories, but you can't get rid of the navigation menu that the Wizard creates. It would be a waste of time to try and support two menus. But you can give the pages a sense of being sub-pages or sub-categories, by slightly modifying the name of the pages. All Wizard pages have two names. One is the name of the page as it appears in your web site. The other is the name of the page as it appears on your navigation menu. From the "edit your pages" link, you can modify the "Page Title". You can't just add spaces but you can add something like "- " or "+ ". Then they will appear like sub paged to the pages above them.

It is possible to do other modifications, including hiding pages, but you need to have a fair understanding of Javascript.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Another way of re-arranging your pages is quite simple. Instead of setting them up as
'RockChicjewellery.html' 'silkroad.html' 'chinarose.html' 'Impact.html' set them up as 'Page 2' 'Page 3' 'Page 4' etc (page 1 is the Main Page) then to move them around - when editing, select 'Code Editor' and NOT 'Visual Editor' copy and paste the entire section to anywhere you want. For example: Copy the entire code from page 2 and paste it into,say,page 10 (obviously you will have to change the title) Copy and paste the entire code from,say, page 5 and paste into page 2.

It's like 'Musical pages' The points to remember - make sure to delete everything first from the page into which you are putting the code and second, it is helpful to paste the code into something like notepad and save it before you start juggling about - just incase you slip up somewhere and lose everything....

Another simple tip would be to create say up to 20 pages in one go and in the pages that you don't need yet just put the heading as a dot '.'

Here is and example site:-

http://www.thirskandmaltonlibdems.com/index.html

Click on the titles in the navigation list then look at the url's

Click on the dots and look at the url's

Don't know about the sub-sections on the same page though....

Keep using wizard