This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I need help with my website home page!

I don't know what's going on. I edit all 5 pages of my website, get it done, "publish" it, and it goes to a completely different layout, as if i never published it in the first place! what's going on?

Re: I need help with my website home page!

What editor are you using?
What do you do to "publish"?

There are some common mistakes that you may have made but lets get the facts and pin it down rather than posting half a dozen different guesses.

It is important we know how you were editing your page

Mixing editors doesn't work as using the wizard and the visual/text editors

If you are using some other editor then tell us

Then we can go further

Which is the best editor to use?

Thats a bit like asking if apples are better than pears.

There are many editors on the market and different people find that different editors suit them best.

Personally I use three coding tools:
1. Notepad - all html files are text files so any simple changes can be done quickly in a text editor
2. OOBase - yes I use a database, the main part of my site is gig listings and I have written a script to generate the html file direct from the database
3. NVU - For laying out images, particularly in my photo gallery I use this which is a free site building tool.

I have also the same problem here I got many info to solve my problem. Thank you to discuss about this issues.
Please visit my website also & let me know if there are any problem web design uk

Which editor are you using? Are you using the built in editors with Bravenet? Are you using some other editor.

Kompozer and Joomla are pretty good editors to use. They are free.

When working with a website that I get through a particular provider like Bravenet, I like to use their editors.

Please let us know what editor you are using. This is of great help.