This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PDF files

Just checking on what's involved in including a pdf file on a web page for (a)reading and (b)downloading. I haven't done this before, but may want to do so soon. Any tips would be great. Thanks. Marie

Browser: Firefox

Re: PDF files

Upload. Link to file. Since this is so obvious, you may anticipate a problem you didn't tell us about. Perhaps your choice of host or editor makes this more complicated?

I think the best thing to do it to upload the pdf to Google Docs , get the link and then link to it on your web page. When you web visitor clicks on it, the person will be able to read the pdf online without having to download it.....Give it a try. Facebook and Microsoft are also working on something similar but still in the beta phase...Cheers!

Thank you. That is very helpful information.

Cheers,
Marie

Browser: Firefox

the person will be able to read the pdf online without having to download it

Fascinating idea! So visitors can read the pdf on the server, without the information actually moving to their computers (or "downloading" as we call it).

I suppose that something like this must be what Arthur C. Clarke had in mind ("Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Making rabbits appear out of thin air is nothing compared with this. After all, there is always the possibility that the rabbits are transported from somewhere, or are being made. (Rabbits make rabbits all the time, they are famous for it) There is nothing logically impossible about the rabbit trick.

Thanks for the help. It took me a while but then I noticed that I should ALLOW anyone to read the page.