This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Create Newsletter By Someone Other Than Bravent Account Owner

I maintain the website for my church. I am the only one that has access to the Bravenet account. The church wants to see if the Mailing List function is a useful tool to notify church members of a severe illness or passing of a church member.

I have the basic Mailing List created. We don't intend to develop and send out a periodic newsletter but rather a short message with critical info, as needed.

Now comes the twist (and I am afraid the answer is obvious). The church secretary is the one that would prepare the email message but does not have access to the Bravenet account. I don't want to give anyone full access to all the areas for obvious reasons.

Is there any way the secretary can access/create the newsletter and send it; either while external to Bravenet or limited access to a specific area of the Bravenet account?

Or, she just sends me text, I insert it, and send it out? Sometimes, the answer is too obvious to figure out.

Your helpful comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Browser: IE8

Re: Create Newsletter By Someone Other Than Bravent Account Owner

Will the free version do? If so, why not simply create a new account for the secretary?

Re: Create Newsletter By Someone Other Than Bravent Account Owner

A new account won't work as all the mailing list members would have to opt in again.

A lot depends on what else you are running with that account. The secretary could send you text to paste into the newsletters or you could just
give htem the password.