This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Big gaps between lines

Help--on this page of my web site I am getting big gaps between lines--and huge bullets. I have changed and changed thinds inclued font sizes. Thyis is the page http://www.3acesranchdachshunds.com/puppies.html and as you can see it is only a large section of the middle of the page. I am not good at code but have looked at and it is greek to me to be able to fix this problem. On my wizard it all looks fine, I have even selecyed all and made the font small.
Please help as this makes me look really bad

Browser: explorer

Re: Big gaps between lines

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, did you fix it? There aren't any gaps - or what I would call "gaps" anyway. Though I suppose you may have wanted paragraphs closer, it isn't at all obvious.

Could it be that some of your "gaps" are images? Your images are way too large. No, wait, that is too mild. Your "Huck" is 39 kilobytes. That is way too large. But I'm thinking about images like Blue & Tan Dapple Boy, that are more than 10 times the size of Huck.

If you are on a connection of average to slow speeds, you may still be waiting for the picture to download when you give up looking for a solution.

The gaps are like you said--I want my sentences to be closer as in the top and bottom parts--do you think the pics being to big would make that happen?

It starts where Goldie and dusty are then goes all the way through to where it the red dog says need help. The top and bottom of the page are fine and that is what I want the rest to look like.

And what are all the squares all of a sudden on my home page? I have redone and redone it and they won't go away.
Also the same blurb is on my homepage that is on the puppy page(problem page)and it is fine there

I do see the squares you are talking about on your homepage

not sure if you are trying to type some key their and it comes up as the square symbol or what

also with your images you need to optimize them/resize them before putting them up online.

Expecially with digital photos you take with your phone, or camera

use irfanview or something for them. Because your images APPEAR to be one size when they are totally another size altogether and oversized images can affect how something else falls into place

Are you talking about the spacing of font around the pictures. If so maybe this will help you.

This link may help you in that problem: http://www.ironspider.ca/graphics/alignment.htm. It is a matter of aligning text to the pictures.

Otherwise nice site.

The squares can mean that the graphics have not reloaded yet. Make sure that the entire page has downloaded first.