This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rearrange navigation menu

Hi, I use the wizard on this particular website, how do I go about rearranging the navigation menu for the site? Like I need to them all around from what they are to: Welcome, Sponsor Info, Tx Pride Sponsor, Tx Pride Show Registration, Show Schedule, Hotel Info, Members, Dog Days of Summer Show. I know I have done it in the past, but on my other sites and I use the other way to edit them not wizard. Please help!!
Many Regards,
Sabrina

Browser: mozilla

Re: rearrange navigation menu

with the wizard your pages are alligned in the order you make them

that is the thing with the wizard and the text/visual editors you are limited to how you do things with those editors

Re: rearrange navigation menu

Sabrina,

While Jim is correct, that the Wizards adds the pages to the navigation menu in the order you create them, reordering the menu is not a limitation. There is a simple work around. Personally, I don't accept any of the limitations presented by the Wizards.

There is a Theme based and a Layout based Wizard. The Theme based Wizard has the ability to change the page ordering. But the Layout based Wizard, which is the on your using, does not. However, there is a Wizard FAQ item that tells you how. The process includes switching from a Layout to a Theme, changing the page order, and then switching back. Even though the Theme based Wizard is only suppose to work with 7 pages, it has no trouble reordering 10 or more pages.

The thing you have to be careful of is your site colors. Make sure you record, as best possible, your site color selections. You need to do this because when you switch back from the Theme to the Layout, you will be asked to set the colors again and choose the layout.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....