This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need help with the bravenet link thing

The bravenet links thing that's supposed to sit at the bottom of the page, at least it does on the other pages I've made, is now stuck in the top right of the page and it would be great if someone could help me to get it back at the bottom of the page again, thanks!

P.s. I'm not that experienced using HTML yet either, but I know enough to understand what it all does, just not to write it out all by myself ^^

Browser: Google Chrome

Re: Need help with the bravenet link thing

must have fixed it because I see it at the bottom if you are talking about the footer part that is supposed to be at bottom

The banner part is at TOP

Your other pages are not linked

I see the problem. I don't have time to examine the CSS at the moment but I would guess that the styling has some propritory coding specific to whatever browser Skip is using (I would guess some version of MSIE).

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

I see it too. And I also found it hard to read through the CSS. But a quick peek showed that the "link thing" seems to belong in the templatemo_footer_right div, which is part of the
templatemo_footer_section div. However, the "link thing" code is preceded by a number of closing div tags.

By deleting those, I moved the "link thing"to the bottom on my copy of your page. However, I did not take the time to check if the resulting code had a matching number of opening and closing div tags, so I may have created another problem while solving the original.

Skip doesn't see the problem because he is most likely using Internet Explorer. IE does not show the problem. However, Firefox 3.6.4 does. Which one is doing it right, is up for debate. I didn't have any other browsers handy.

There are a couple of issues here, but the fact that Ardeus other pages are not linked, is not one of them. It's just an attempt to use a template. The links will come in time.

I'm not a big fan of this template. The template is chopped up into a dozen smaller pieces, which makes it difficult to work with and is prone to errors. One wrong edit and the template images will be in the wrong place. But, for the most part, the CSS is pretty straight forward. Nothing really out of the ordinary, except that all of the containers are floats. There is nothing wrong with floating everything, but it doesn't give the advertisement any reference. Unless you tell it not to, the advertisement floats too.

The simple fix it to add the following line at the end of the template, just before the terminating "body" tag.

Code:
<div style="clear: both;"> </div>

The says that anything added after this point will not float relative to the other objects, and should force the advertisements to the bottom of the screen.

But there is another issue. It looks like Ardeus edited the template with Bravenet's Visual Editor. Bravenet's Visual Editor is a poor choice for almost any template. One of the controls used in templates is the "DOCTYPE" tag. It is usually the first line of every page. However, Bravenet's Visual Editor does not recognize that tag and deletes it when you save your changes. The lack of the "DOCTYPE" tag is not very noticeable in Firefox, but the page will look terrible in IE. In IE it will be blocked left and not lined up. Some of the images will be truncated.

If your going to use a template, use an external editor to edit your files. Edit them on your PC and then upload the changes to the internet.

Browser: FIrefox

Thanks very much for the help on this! :)

Browser: Google Chrome