This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Primary Side Content

can these be shutoff some how so the box's do not showup on my webpage? any ideas?

Re: Primary Side Content

The only information that could possibly take us to your page is your email address.

The only hit for that in google is
http://www.fastpitchcentral.com/php/TUC1.txt

Your email address seems from this rather cryptic page to be somehow associated with
http://www.eteamz.com/PASSION/

The editor used for that page isn't one I recognize from your code. If you are using some kind of online editor or templated provided bye eteamz.com, (I see they have a "website builder"), you may want to ask at their message boards.

If that is not your website, it might be interesting to know where yours is, and just how you expected an answer with no URL.

its a question, can the primary side content box and Primary Side Content be shutoff so they do not show up?

I can make everything black so there no outline of them but would not like to use them.

I have
Classic Website Hosting with FTP (File Upload)

I realized it is a question. But the Classic Website Hosting site doesn't really tell us what your page looks like, does it?

If you use ftp, I assume you have your own editor.

But if you need to ask about getting rid of boxes, you must be using a template not of your making. Rather than doing major changes to a template you do not like and do not understand, wouldn't it be better to find another template?

The type of hosting you have, doesn't help explain your question. What Corwings wanted to know was what editor you were using. Had you included your URL, it might have given him a clue as to what editor you use. Anyone that has never used the Website Wizard wouldn't know what "Primary Side Content" meant.

You can't really get rid of the "Primary Side Content". The Website Wizard is intended for users who don't know, or don't want to know, anything about HTML/CSS. And that's OK with me. Everyone should not have to know the underlying language, just to have a simple page. And that is exactly what the Wizard is for, a simple page.

Your current approach is just as good method, but there are others methods that might be better or easier. For example, if you want to eliminate both the "Primary Side Content" and the "Secondary Side Content" blocks on "all" of your pages, you could add the following CSS code to the end of your "Website Header". Note that spelling and upper/lower case is important. You ad the code at the very end of all your header code, using the "Code Editor" mode. The code modifies the "display" attributes for the "div"s which have IDs of "extraContent" and extraContent2". The attribute tells them not to display.

Code:
<style type="text/css">
#extraContent {display: none;}
#extraContent2 {display: none;}
</style>

If you only wanted the "Primary Side Content" and the "Secondary Side Content" blocks eliminated on a single page, add the same code, but add it at the end of the "Prinary Content" area. A similar approach can be done with Javascript, but if you can do it with CSS, you are better off.

Another option is to get away from the Website Wizard and do your page development on your PC. Then upload your pages as you make changes. There are several good/free website page editors available. However, that would require you to learn a little more about HTML/CSS. Try the website I linked to in my signature for more information on using templates and getting away from the Wizard. There are a few things that are incomplete on there, but I do what I have time for.

Browser: FIrefox