This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How To Open An Image In A Separate Page

Hi
can anyone tell me how to open an image in a separate page. I want to have it so that when customers click on the thumbnail of my products a larger image loads on a separate page at the same time as the page they are on rather than redirecting them to the page. That way when they have had a close look at an image they can just close the new page and carry on looking from where they were rather than having to press back.
Thanks for any help
Laura R

Re: How To Open An Image In A Separate Page

I have sent you an email through your website.

James Osguthorpe
DoveCreation UK

Browser: FireFox

Hi James

I don't seem to have got the email you sent. If possible could you send it again to loscoe@hotmail.com

Thanks, sorry to be a pain

Laura

since your e-mail is hotmail Laura you might want to check your spam folder or junk folder

Hotmail has a tendency to not allow e-mails to be delivered

And hopefully this is a TRUE person wanting to help too

Spammers or people who just are not helpful do post here as well.

Hi Laura,

I have sent you another email to the email address provided.

The reason for my email, rather then post on this forum, is due to the issue with displaying Link tags.

For some reason, the forum will not display a link tag.

For example:

a>

a >

All you need to do is read the instructions. The link above the "Enter Message:" block that says "bb_code" tells you how to post links. This forum allows links and HTML/CSS/Javascript code, if you know how to post it properly.

Here is a link example:

PhiloKvetch.com

Here is a CSS code example:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
#extraContent {display: none;}
#extraContent2 {display: none;}
</style>

Browser: FIrefox

Hi James

thank you for your email. I am fine with the designing of my website, I am just struggling with how to open the images up in a separate page. If anyone could help with that issue, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Laura

You will find the answer to that on this page.. (You will find the bit about opening in a new page under External links, but it is just the same for a local link)