This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
have converted my bravenet site to a domain

Hi new here !!!! have converted a bravenet site to a domain. How long does this take to convert!!!! does it convert my bravenet pages to the new damain site ? Can someone help me be convinced this is what is happening.
Its been two days that it has been underconstruction. Hope i dont have to redo my pages NAD tell me i dont have to do that ..........
thank you

Re: have converted my bravenet site to a domain

your pages DO NOT CONVERT

You have to upload your pages to your new domain.

You have under construction because you have nothing uploaded to your domain

Your files and more in your file manager for your free subdomain so you have to move them to your domain if that is how you want them to be and make sure everything is coded correctly to your new domain.

Now did you have the free subdomain

xxx.bravehost.com

and then you went and bought a DOMAIN

yes i had a subdomain and upgraded to a domain
thank you

Even though they work together, a domain name and hosting are separate issues. A domain name is just that, a name. You can configure it to point to a web site in your hosting account. But it doesn't do much for you, other than remove the "bravehost" subdomain name from your URL. If you are using a free web site, it "does not" upgrade your hosting to remove the advertisements. For that, you need to upgrade your hosting.

You don't really upgrade to a domain name, you simply purchase one for a minimum of one year. Once it is purchased you need access your domain name management area in your Bravenet account. There you will set the Primary and Secondary Name Servers and point the domain name to one of your hosted web sites. Bravenet may have already set these up for you. You can use a domain name with free or paid hosting accounts.

Once everything is set up, it may take 24 to 72 hours for the DNS servers on the network to request updates. Local servers are usually quicker and may map to your site in just a couple of hours. There will be no conversion of any files on your web site, because none of them need conversion.

When your domain name is all working, you may find out that the subdomain name is still active. If your still having trouble, check your settings in your Domain Manager.

Browser: FIrefox

THANK YOU I WILL CHECK OUT ALL U MENTION