This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Default Page Content

I created two pages for my website but when I saved and hit publish, my own work was lost and the default page content was published. I keep trying and I keep losing my edits. I'm not new at this, I've built other bravehost sites so I know it's not me doing something wrong, it's a system glitch. Does anyone know how to sort it out????????

Browser: Chrome

Re: Default Page Content

well halfmoonspecs.bravehost.com doesn't exist

so need to give us the correct url or something to look at

what editor are you using.

The Wizard? Visual/Text editor? Are you mixing them?

I am using wizards only. It's always worked for me before, I have 10 other working websites but my new one is not working.

It was the correct URL when I posted, I have since deleted and attempted to re-create it, and the same thing happened. I tried deleting and creating another with a slightly different name and the same thing happened. But when I tried editing another existing website, it saved the changes.

I've created a new website again with the same name and it's automatically loaded with the same layout, colour and page names as the last one, but refuses to let me edit the content.

I see a site now and it is red background set with the different colored text area boxes.

Now just work in the wizard editor to make your changes and save and publish their

If you venture away from the wizard and go to the Visual/text editor then DO NOT go back to the wizard editor as the wizard editor is strict to itself. So your pages will ONLY look like what they did when you were in the WIZARD editor.

And don't keep deleting and remaking

If you want more freedom look at a third party webpage maker program like Dreamweaver where you can make your page to your liking

>Now just work in the wizard editor to make your changes and save and publish their

That was actually what I was trying to do. I made changes in the wizard, hit save, and the next time I looked nothing I had saved was there, it was just the default site content. I am not using any other kind of editor, I am doing what I have always done and something is wrong with it!

I don't want to use Dreamweaver, I find it much easier to use the wizard - when it's working, that is.