Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
MMX

Dr. Getty, How soon would MMX be "out of his system" after I ran out?? I had to wait for payday to re-order and am wondering if it is my imagination or would he "revert" to old ways in just a matter of two or three days without the MMX?? ALSO, would it contribute to his putting on a few much needed pounds due to less nervous calorie burning, or is it purely because he has started stealing some of the old man's soaked alfalfa cubes??? Can't wait for the next teleseminar!!!!!!!

Where are you from? Sedro-Woolley, WA

How did you locate this forum? newsletter

Re: MMX

Hello Cristine,

I don't expect you would see him revert to his old ways after two or three days without MMX, so I think you're ok. As far as weight gain is concerned, if he is calmer and not moving as much from nervousness, then he will burn fewer calories, that's true. And the extra alfalfa cubes don't hurt, either!

Hope you found the teleseminar on Aging horses to be helpful!

All the best,

Dr. Getty

Cristine Cameron
Dr. Getty, How soon would MMX be "out of his system" after I ran out?? I had to wait for payday to re-order and am wondering if it is my imagination or would he "revert" to old ways in just a matter of two or three days without the MMX?? ALSO, would it contribute to his putting on a few much needed pounds due to less nervous calorie burning, or is it purely because he has started stealing some of the old man's soaked alfalfa cubes??? Can't wait for the next teleseminar!!!!!!!

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO