General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ray Benton

Just heard that Ray Benton ex Sgt. Rigger on 92 squadron, has gone to the big Malcolm Club in the sky.
I hope he was reunited with his beloved Porsche upstairs!!! R.I.P big man.

Re: Ray Benton

Hey Jim!!! Really sad to hear about Ray Benton. Ray and I worked together all over the world when we were based on 38 Group Mobile Servicing - long before the Phantom days!

Then we crossed paths again while we were both on 92 Sqn. Where did this news come from Jim?

Sad news. Ray was the FS running the Det Support Party for a bunch of Tornado F3s in Alaska during 1998. I remember it well 'cos I had my 40th birthday while we were out there. The bristling moustache and driving style can never be forgotten! RIP big man.

I remember Ray, tearing round Wilders in his Porsche calling everyone "Ace" Farewell old chum

Sad news
I remember Ray was a sgt when I was a rigger mech on 92 sqn, when I was on tea bar duties he would order a tea and by the time I had turned round he vanished without paying, every time Lol

I remember Ray getting his Porky after his divorce. We used to tell him it was Volkwagen, or call it a Renault Fuego, Karl Boulton had one and they were somewhat similar in appearance. Well, not really but facts never really get in the way of a good windup. :-)