General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's all gone quiet

The site seems to be very quiet these days. It would be a pity to see all the hard work from the likes of Den and Roger go to waste

Re: It's all gone quiet

Must be the holiday period John! Den and I are already exchanging ideas for the next 'do'. It is 99% certain it will be on Saturday March 31st 2018 because at midnight on that date, the Royal Air Force is 100 years old!!!!

To celebrate this special 'once in a lifetime' event, the venue will be moved further North - probably North Yorkshire way - to encourage our Scottish bretheren to come down and celebrate with us! Den will probably have something up on the website later this year.

Come on you Phantomeers!!! Start giving us some ideas and thoughts for this Centenary event and if you are likely to support it??

All the best John - hic! Must stop drinking :-)

Sounds good to me

Good idea Roger. Could I suggest the Rendezvous Hotel in Skipton, N. Yorks. It's big enough and pretty accessible from everywhere.
http://rendezvous-skipton.co.uk/

Thanks for the recommendation Danny. But I might be accused of bias - I was born in Skipton 👍😂. Keep an eye on the website! Something will be appearing shortly about 2018 reunion (RAF 100)

No problem Roger, just a suggestion as I live in Silsden, 4 miles away.

Are there any RAF bases under care and maintenance around north yorkshire that we may be alowed to use/hire. Could cater for what may be a large uptake on this special occasion.

How about RAF Leeming? It is in the ball-park area already mentioned and I reckon a HAS would be Ideal. The station has (or used to have) two HAS sites plus two QRA HASs at the threshold. I think the Q-sheds (with the attending SOFT) would be ideal if we could use them?

Sounds good. Looking forward to a good reunion having missed the last one.

I wouldn't mind Skipton, Roger. Short hop from Yeadon