Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MCS Bay personnel

Ken Allen
I'm here...... MCS bay Leuchars May 82 - May 90. Oh I have a son
Hi Ken,

It seems we were both at the MCS bay at Leuchars at the same time but I can't remember you (mostly people say that about me ).

I arrived in December 1981 straight from the MCS course at Conningsby and stayed until about Feb 1983 or 4 (I think it was 4 though) so our paths should have crossed.

I was a Corporal then and was on the same shift as Kate Shinie (later married to John (last name eludes me).

It would be nice to hear from you anyway, us old Phantomeers have to stick together .....

Cheers
Mike (Mick then) Mason

Yes I am still around
Finally retired I think? but it depends on her ladyship

Only the most mad could work on MCS (including myself of course!)

Here is a starter for ten: Is there anyone (male) out there that had any MALE offspring after working on MCS? (I had two girls!) Answers below please....

I was in the bay at Leuchars from '77-79. My son was born in '92 (he is the only one to my knowledge ;-))

Coningsby and Leuchars MCS Bays for full tours and a short time at Wattisham bay as well. To be honest don't think I ever did a full 5A2 FIM test. Come on lets here from someone who did!!!!

My dad was MCS, in the bay at Bruggen, Coningsby, Wildenrath as well as a tour on 92 at Wilders. Sadly no longer with us, did anyone know him?

FFS Keith me and you signed up hundreds of them.....or so big John thought. Just out of interest what colour was the test box??

Hello to all out there that I had the pleasure of working with or had a beer with....I think!!!

Keith

I certainly did but then again, if you remember correctly, I was perfect in every way.

Don Abbott
My dad was MCS, in the bay at Bruggen, Coningsby, Wildenrath as well as a tour on 92 at Wilders. Sadly no longer with us, did anyone know him?

Hi

Sorry to hear this sad news.

I knew him well, we had some great times.

He was a wonderful person, taught me a lot.

Fond memories.

Kipper Watt
Yes I am still around
Finally retired I think? but it depends on her ladyship

Does that mean you no longer have the B&B?

Enjoy your retirement

John Prendergast (Jaypee)
I was in the bay at Leuchars from '77-79. My son was born in '92 (he is the only one to my knowledge ;-))

Hi, what you up to these days?

Believe it or not, I teach English. Living in York.

Remind me, could you speak English? Lol, when did you leave the RAF?

1986 It's depressing.

I took redundancy in 1996

I built the MCS Bay at Wattashame in 76 with Gibbo and a couple of Snecs. Remember 'Squeaky' anybody ?

Hi,
I knew your Dad very well. We were on the same fitters course(FAR 21) at Cosford in 1971/72. We met again later when we worked on Phantoms at Bruggen, Wildenrath and Coningsby.
He was a lovely man and we had some great times, mostly taking the **** out of other people.
He always had a smile on his face. One of life's gentlemen.

Regards
Pat

Hi Pat

That seems to make sense as my brother was born at Cosford hospital.

Oh dear I think it is what I must of inherited from him, I do love a bit of banter(mostly at other peoples expense!)

Anyway thanks for your kind words it means a lot.

Regards

Mark

John Prendergast (Jaypee)

My son was born while I was in the MCS bay at Watto in 1990. (to go along with my 2 girls.....)

Also knew Don Abbot, used to waste away many a minute chatting about fishing when we were "boltholed" from Leuchars to Coningsby in 1980? I think

To echo Pats comment " a lovely bloke"

Two girls for me as well

Yep, left Wildenrath Apr 92, my son born Aug 94

Sorry to hear about your Dad, worked with him at Wildenrath. As I recall he had rental property in the Blackpool area which he kitted out with ex RAF furniture.

Andy, thanks, yes they did have a house in Blackpool, they sold about 20 years ago I think it was, RAF furniture thrown in for free!

John's (and Kate's) surname is Skillen and they still live in the Leuchars area.