Return to Website

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition

Welcome to my forum. 

Here you will find more than 6 years of questions and my answers. It is searchable and offers a great deal of information. 

Currently, I am discontinuing new questions. This may change in the future, but in the meantime, please know that It has been a true pleasure serving you. 

Take a look at my Nutrition Library and Tips of the Month for a variety of answers on selected topics. Be sure to sign up for my monthly e-newsletter, Forage for Thought

I also have a growing number of recordings on "Teleseminars on Nutrition Topics that Concern You" as well as the new, Spotlight on Equine Nutrition Series -- printed versions of favorite teleseminars.

And finally, look for my articles in a variety of local publications and online newsletters, as well as the Horse Journal, where I am the Contributing Nutrition Editor.  

All the best,

Dr. Getty 

Ask the Nutritionist: Dr. Getty's Forum for Equine Nutrition
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Supplements

Hello Dorothe,

Thank you for your patience.

The SuPer DMG3000 will work well. It is in a dextrose (sugar) base, but it is minimal.

I'll look forward to speaking with you and we can discuss if Quiessence is beneficial. It is definitely appropriate for insulin resistant horses.

I'm delighted that you are finding my book, Feed Your Horse Like A Horse, to be helpful.

Best regards,

Dr. Getty

Dorothe Doyle
Dr. Getty, thank you for your quick reply. I would like to talk to you personally and will contact you within the next few weeks. In the meantime I'll take your advice about the supplements. Cooper was diagnosed with heaves, but has not had an attack since August. I am wetting his hay and have given him additional DMG. I noticed that he is only coughing under stress and since I moved both horses to another barn, he didn't have any more issues. Which DMG would you recommend, the Vita Flex DMG 3000 or Super DMG Ultra? I also would like to give both my horses Quiessence, as Cooper has fatty deposits. I'll have him tested for IR before I'll talk to you and try to have a hay analysis.
Thank you again, I'll look forward to talk to you personally.
I love your book by the way, it has helped me a great deal already.

Where are you from? Bayfield, CO